I have a situation that I hope you guys might be able to help me out.

I have my CNA certificate which will expire in about a week and I have not been employed as a CNA for the past two year. This is in the state of Kansas. So I called up the school that I took my CNA course at and asked, they told me I'll just need to take a CNA refresher class to get recertified as a CNA again. After that, I'm planning to go full job-hunt.

However, the community college that I took it at, the next available course is in November. Luckily there's another school that offers it, although their price is more than triple. I looked at their list and they have both CNA update courses and CNA refresher courses. The next available CNA refresher course is in July bu the next CNA update course is in June.

Therefore, I called up the school and asked about the difference between the two courses. I would have taken their words for it but the lady had to hesitate for a bit before she informed me that they are the same.

I'm just wondering, if I take that CNA update course, would that re-certify me? I just want to make sure before I pay for that class because it is quite a bit of money and if they are the same I'd rather take the one in June than wait until July.

I tried searching the internet but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I would really appreciate your help.