Thread: Is it always..

Is it always..

I am tryihg to travel and am tired of jumping through hoops with no job afterward. I just failed the infamous PBDS test and of course I had to come to TX to take it so all in all I am out about $600.00. Is the process usually this long???

Re: Is it always..

The travel jobs have been tight since the recession. Also it depends on your specialty too, more jobs for ER, cardiac,ICU etc.
    I would sign on with a few good companies and go from there.
    PBDS is a tricky test. You have to get a study guide first

I just started my travel journey last tuesday. Im working with 4 companies searching for a M/S position. One company calls with job availabilities, but fails to call back about submitting my application (this has happened twice). Another company calls only with job availabilities. I have been submitted once with no interview. Another calls me every other day and has submitted me to three or four jobs. i have yet to receive an interview. The last I have spoken to once and we have been playing phone tag for 4 days. E-mail me sometime and let me know how its going for you!

Well, I have been on my first travel exp for 1 week. It's not bad. I am use to a hospital setting and this is LTAC. I am still getting my routine adjusted, but it's coming along. So far, the staff has been very helpful and nice. My main goal was to get the "first time traveler" title off my back. I'm not real impressed with the company I work for, but I will make it work to achieve my goal. I will develop a better relationship before my next contract, if there is a next one. I will voice my concerns beforehand instead of leaping and being eager.