Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chat

chat

Is their a specific time and date that people in recovery meet just to chat and help one another?? I would be very interested, this sight might as well been my lifesaver.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Re: chat

Rob, a co-Admin. is working on the Chat Room. He's been working weird hours, so...when he gets to it, he will. Sorry!

Aaron, our 'Boss' has other things in the works, too, so please bear with us!

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

I agree the chat room has been somewhat problematic - but we are still here to talk to a support eachother. This is a pretty good bunch of nurses here and several of us in recovery continue to share Boards. Six years ago I was in the same position you are in. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Peace and Namaste

Hppygr8ful

Thank you for sharing, I cant even see 6 days in front of me let alone six years. Congratulations. Im taking step by step, trying not to worry and give it to God. Alot easier said than done. Thank you so much for responding, I truly felt like I was the only one, I feel reading everyones story of struggles and hopes has been a big part of the start of my recovery.

Hi, "but for the grace of God". I too am a recovering RN. 8 months clean and sober. Just got my license off vol. surrender. I did the alternative program. Should be getting back to work in June. It has been a long, hard road but worth it. I too am in need of other nurses to chat with. There are no nurse support groups in my small home town. Congrats on taking those steps, that is how we all started. and know this-You ARE NOT ALONE!!!
    Tracey

Thank you TraceR, so awesome 8 months sober, truly the stories I have read are amazing and might have saved my life!!! I also dont have any nurse or healthcare support groups around, talking and having someone understand exactly what I have been through and understand why I did the sick things that I have done is def. a positive for me in this recovery process. Baby steps and only but for the grace of God am I typing you today.

It is only but for the grace of God there go I, as well. Can't sleep this early a.m. Going to the funeral of a dear friend that succumbed to this disease. She was only 30. A really great person and RN. She will be missed. Wish she saw another way out. Plenty of us tried to help, but I remember being in that dark place thinking I had no one, no where to go. I am so glad to have found this site and other nurses who understand me too. We addicts need to stick together and help each other and be willing to accept help. Anyway, will be a long day but will get through it clean and sober.

Wow, so sorry to hear about your friend, only but for the grace of God there I go. so sad to hear but that could have been anyone of us!!! Thank you for reaching out to me and everyone else here for their stories. My recovery has just begun, its so hard not to worry about my license, but I know my recovery comes first!!! I love nursing as we all do, but I have to learn to love myself and trust my higher power. We are not people who ask for help, we help others. Changing roles is so difficult for me!! I will ask and get the help I need!!! If I keep saying it, I will believe it!! TraceR I will be praying for you today during this hard time. I will pray for you everday! Thanks for reaching out!!

Thank you for the prayers "grace of God". I will pray for you daily as well. I wish I could ease your worries about your license. I got mine back. Did not think it would really happen. The BON here in NV is very helpful and understanding. Their goal really is to get us the help we need and get us back to work. So if you just work with them, be accepting of your addiction and follow their rules, you can get through this. Found out NV has about 170 nurses on the alternative program (not all for addiction but lots) so we are not the only ones (good to know). Hope you have a great day!! Thanks for being here for me!!!!!

That is awesome to get your license back. Mo does not have an alternative program but strictly disciplinary. Im doing everything I can before going to the bored to show Im working on it. They are going to make me do it anyways, Im ok with that. I want to do it now, for me and my recovery. I dont know how accepting my state is on addiction, I dont think much, but I dont really know?? I did higher a lawyer who specializes with working with the board. Thank you for being here for me, its so nice to know that Im not the only one. I am committed to praying for you everyday. Have a blessed and safe holiday weekend!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast