Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RN again!!!!

Arrow

I saw the addictionologist. No fundation for addiction was discovered. I will have to continue to test for the next six months 12 altogether. I am coping. I then lost mommy, olderst brother, home in foreclosure, three in college, poor working salary, husband retired. Hard to find gratitude.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sassysissy View Post
    I saw the addictionologist. No fundation for addiction was discovered. I will have to continue to test for the next six months 12 altogether. I am coping. I then lost mommy, olderst brother, home in foreclosure, three in college, poor working salary, husband retired. Hard to find gratitude.
    Time to take stock - you can do six months testing on your head -sounds like you have a bad case of life going on. Keep your chin up.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Lots of people are having as hard a time. Just keep plugging away at it. That six months will fly by.

I just reread your post. Congratulations again. I read my replies to you and found how inquisitive I was. I am. How are you doing? Give an update please.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by sassysissy View Post
    I just reread your post. Congratulations again. I read my replies to you and found how inquisitive I was. I am. How are you doing? Give an update please.
    Your inquisitiveness is understandable---I can't blame you at all. Hope that you all can learn from and help each other.

Is it common to be in monitoring for 3 yrs??? Seems like such a long time....Has anyone else been there this long?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robot View Post
    Is it common to be in monitoring for 3 yrs??? Seems like such a long time....Has anyone else been there this long?
    Each state and BON is different but the average seems to be 3 to 5 years! Broken down byt very strict monitoring for 2 to 3 years then a year of transition during which you continue to urine test but other monitoring is basically dropped to see if you relapse.

Sassysissy,
    I have been back to work since July. I am working perdiem, but it is better than nothing. I am very lucky and grateful to be working with my previous employer. It was weird going back at first, kinda like deja-vu and a time warp. But everyone there forgave me and welcomed me back with open arms. Life is not perfect or necessarily better. But I am sober, clean and moving on. I am still doing my AA, aftercare (until Feb) , random urine tests and monthly reports to the BON. Can't wait until I am done with all that, but can only get there one day at a time. Thanks for asking about me, sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are doing well.
    Tracey R.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12