Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'Ultimate' book reader's thread

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suebird3 View Post
    OK, who has read Echo Heron's books? You know, Condition Critical? Yeah, THOSE books. I just remembered them.

BOy, does she tell it like it is.
    What kind of stories -- ie plotline are we talking about - I like mysteries, crime, historical fiction......

Peace and namaste

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    What kind of stories -- ie plotline are we talking about - I like mysteries, crime, historical fiction......

Peace and namaste

Hppy
    It's life in the trenches as we nurses know it. She's written several books, but Condition Critical and the one before it are both quite good.

At one time I really liked Robin Cook books - but I don't read stories about nurses and doctors anymore - too close to my real life - I read for relaxation and escape.

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Just off the press: Jean Auel may not be done with the series after all. Then again, who knows what's going on. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101103/...ooks_jean_auel

I'll buy ut when it comes out - I do love that series!

I will read it at B&N when it comes out, but will buy when it comes out in paperback.

I will keep an eye out on any more info on the latest news......

10 Greatest Novels for Nurses

10 Greatest Novels for Nurses, February 23rd, 2011, Nursingschools.net:"One great way to escape the pressures and stresses of nursing school or work is to read a great novel. These literary works, featuring nurses and health care facilities, will provide you with a much-needed dose of fun and fantasy while reminding you why you chose the profession in the first place. So if you want to re ignite your passion for nursing or just spend a wonderful evening kicking back, check out one of these amazing novels."
    http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2...ls-for-nurses/

Think you'll enjoy a few books on this list

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com

Great titles

Quote Originally Posted by nursinghumor View Post
    10 Greatest Novels for Nurses, February 23rd, 2011, Nursingschools.net:"One great way to escape the pressures and stresses of nursing school or work is to read a great novel. These literary works, featuring nurses and health care facilities, will provide you with a much-needed dose of fun and fantasy while reminding you why you chose the profession in the first place. So if you want to re ignite your passion for nursing or just spend a wonderful evening kicking back, check out one of these amazing novels."
    http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2...ls-for-nurses/

Think you'll enjoy a few books on this list

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com
    I was an English major with a degree in 19 and 20th century English and American Lit and have read many of these titles. They are all great books. Personally when I am destressing I stay away from medical stories - though I did enjoy the Robin Cook novel "Nurse" . I like to read a good murder mystery or historical fiction, Sci Fi and Fantasy. I am currently working through the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. This character is a no-nonsense tough as nails Ex-Mp who goes about righting wrongs with his wits and his fists. Every Single on on the books is a great read.

OK, figured I should merge the threads together. They ARE related, are they not?!

Whats everyone reading now and/or read lately

As for me haven't been doing that much reading lately. Found that I hardly read any more as well. Have to say do have times like this and others don't. Guess it depends on the book itself as well.

I Was a Dancer
    , Jacques d'Amboise

Finished reading

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far
    , Bristol Palin and Nancy French

It was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.

Finished reading these few books a few mo back.

The Lost Girls: Three Friends. Four Continents.: One Unconventional Detour Around the World
    , Jennifer Baggett, Holly C. Corbett, Amanda Pressner. It was worth the read. Especially, returning the hardcover because found it was little worn. Had to wait until the paperback was released to read it.

Mountain of Crumbs: A Memoir, Elena Gorokhova a week ago. It was worth read. Especially, since found I learned more about the former Soviet Union then what I already knew about before reading your memoir. Can't wait to read more of Ms Gorokhova's life and/or her mothers life now.

A Father's Love: One Man's Unrelenting Battle to Bring His Abducted Son Home
    , David Goldman. WOW what a memoir this was and thank you, Mr. Goldman for writing about your ordeal to get Sean back home.
    Last edited by mybodymyself; 08-24-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast