Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The 'Ultimate' book reader's thread

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Now I am back to reading a bit of True Crime. I'd always heard about the Black Dahlia, and have read 2 books on that case.

Of course, there ARE other books I have plowed through!

I got Kindle for PC on my computer and have been downloading free books from Amazon through a website that compiles them. Most of the fare is light reading and some of it is poorly written, but it takes up enough of my energy when I want to get sleepy. Right now I'm in the middle of a book called "Blue", about a fantasy world that turns out to be real for a teenage girl.

Quote Originally Posted by mybodymyself View Post
    Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

It was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.
    Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs, Levi Johnston

Finally decided its time to look into this memoir because I’m interested knowing his side of the story. Even though I’m not that crazy about him or all the others. Still its worth the read.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Just turning the last pages

Of the latest Lee Child thriller "The Affair". Love that Jack Reacher character. Also re read all the "Cave Bear" books by Jean M Auel this summer.

I read primarily for entertainment when I'm not reading and researching on the political stuff.

Looking for something good to curl up with for cool winter days in front of the fire - I like action, suspense, crime mysteries ........I can usually digest about 400 pages in two to three days. Any suggestions

Hppy

Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far, Bristol Palin and Nancy French

It was definitely worth the purchase and read.

This is taken from another thread and/response that I have done regarding Bristol's mother and Tripp's grandmother.

What is/are Sarah Palin stance/s on family leave act (maternity, paternity, etc)? The reason why I'm asking this here because she didn't bring up in neither of her books. In my opinion this should be a paid one. It should also nation and worldwide as well.

Is there anyone else on here besides whom are getting beyond tired of her still being in the spotlight? That also goes her putting her husband, kids, rest of her family, and friends being in the spotlight and etc. Even though I'm still like her as a person then a politician.

She should just go back to her husband and kids. Instead being in the spotlight. Do feel sorry for her kids and the rest of family and everyone whom is associated with her. Because politics have truly ruined her and her husband for sure. Yeah I could be wrong about this.
    Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin’s Crosshairs, Levi Johnston

Finally decided its time to look into this memoir because I’m interested knowing his side of the story. Even though I’m not that crazy about him or all the others. Still its worth the read.
    Again, it was worth the purchase and read. Even though it took time to consider it. Have to say that I believe Levi’s side of the story and I’m starting to like him. Not Bristol and Sarah’s side of the story like I did before I this. Starting to not like both of them.

Well, I'm reading "Gone with the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell. I watched the movie for several times, and it was great! So I think reading the book may bring me another feeling.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    I think one gets more 'background' on the characters from reading GWTW. Heck, that goes for many other books, also.

Elizabeth George has a new book coming out soon! Less than a month.......
    Last edited by cougarnurse; 12-13-2011 at 10:21 AM.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I am really into the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. Just read another one. Also anything by John Sanford. Rereading a favorite old Classic "White Fang" by Jack London that my son bought for me. I know it sounds weird but I usually have at least two books going at a time. Every book I read at least three times in succession. Maybe I need some of those OCD drugs we give the consumers.

Peace

Hppy

Recently, I'm reading Harry Potter. I always read novels before, and this time I decided to work on sci-fiction.

War Horse. I like it very much.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast