Thread: the addictionologist

the addictionologist

what should i expect
    what type of questions
    how long is the session
    will he tell me the results

I go Wednesday for my evaluation, I am on probation for miss handling of narcotics, never diverted.:nurse-stupid:

Re: the addictionologist

I have not been to an "addictionologist". But did see a medical Dr. that specializes in addiction. The former is also a psychiatrist. I was asked about what age I started drinking/drugging, how much I drank/used, about family history regarding addictions, about physical/sexual abuse, mostly just all about me. This took about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Then we came up with a careplan. So the addictionologist should have a plan for treatment after the interview. Expect lots of questions, be open and honest, they know bull$hi! when they hear it. Remember they are there to help you, they care or they would not do this for a living. Good luck, let us know how it goes!!

Re: the addictionologist

I will be honest. I don't want to be in this program for three more years. Won't that ruin my life and career? It is hard enough to find a job with the 12month probationary license won't things get worst for my career?

Again thanks for responding.

You have been a great help.