Thread: Can I get multistate licensure if I have a history of disciplinary action?

Can I get multistate licensure if I have a history of disciplinary action?

Hi,

I have to apply for RN licensure in different states for a new job I will start in August(telephonic nursing job). I had disciplinary action on my license, had to complete remedial education over a year ago. My license is free and clear now and is a compact license with no restrictions. My question is, will I have problems obtaining licenses in other states because of the past disciplinary action? Thanks in advance for your help.

I would call the states in question and ask before you get further involved in this process. If you run into any problems, perhaps the employer can accommodate you if it doesn't limit your ability too much. Good luck.

TN is a multistate license state, I had my license revoked d/t a criminal conviction....I recently got my multistate license back without restriction...I had to go before the Administrative Review Board in Nashville before I could get my license back, and there was someone in there from Ohio that had previously had their license disciplined in her state, and before she could get license in TN, she had to go before that board too. (I think it was Ohio..not sure)

i heard that once ohio revokes your license, it is permanent. you never get it back!!! yet, you can in other states. does anyone know the truth about that??

California

I came here disciplined in another state. But I aleady had a license here. It is possible that Cali would make you participate in another disciplinary program...unless your prior discipline is completely erased.
    Steph R. RN, MS