Thread: New to Travel

New to Travel

Hi everyone....

I am new to the travel nursing gig, but I am looking forward to the challenge. I have been a RN for 3.5 years but was a LPN for 25 years. Since becoming a RN, I have worked mostly in Ambulatory Surgery, Rehab and Hospice. When I was a LPN, I did med sur, LTAC and telemerty.
    I have spoke to a few different companies but havent gotten the right vibe from them yet. Is that normal? I know they are trying to sell a product to me but I just dont feel right with a few of them.
    Is it true that most travel companies want a year of travel experience before they will sign you up? I wasn't sure if that was the truth or not. I am looking to work in the southeast if possible, either Miss, Ala, Fl, Ga or La. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

New travel nurse

Nah, you don't need a year's experience for all the jobs, just a few require that you have previous travel experience. I am a relatively new travel RN on my second 13-week assignment. With two years of experience as an RN, I was good to go. My niche is Telemetry, and thus far, I have loved every minute of travel nursing. Email me at tarbinator at gmail.com if you'd like the name and number of my recruiter and company. Happy to help!

Lisa

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    We also have a PM feature here, too...

Hi There! I am a recruiter and at our company you don't have to have a year of travel experince, but we do need folks who have a year of experience as an RN. From your post I see that you cover that quite well. As far as feeling comfortable, it might help if you can nail down what exactly is making you uncomfortable. Is it location, price, or maybe just a personality difference with the people you have been talking with? Every company is a little different so it can be overwhelming to find the *right* fit for you. Unfortunately we don't get a lot of needs in the SE. Not really sure why.... However, we did just have some Rehab over in TX.

Good luck!
    Tracey K
    The Right Solutions
    www.therightsolutions.com
    **See us on facebook**

Hi Lisa, give me a call, maybe I can help. Our corporate office is in Birmingham, AL--we staff all 50 states but have many contracts in the Southeast. We don't require 1yr travel experience, only that you have at least 1yr acute care exp. I look forward to speaking with you!
    Randy Gray, Recruiter
    Travel Nurse Solutions (TNS)
    2871 Acton Rd
    Suite 201
    Birmingham, Alabama 35243
    888-300-5132 phone
    888-300-5136 fax

www.JacksonNursing.com
    Email me: randy@tnsnurse.com
    Join my LinkedIn network: http://www.linkedin.com/in/randyegray

Hey jac818,
    Just thought I would check in with you and see if you have started traveling yet.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    Tracey
    888-987-8233 ext 262
    The Right Solutions
    www.therightsolutions.com