Thread: SDSU canncels new accelerated nurisng program

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

SDSU canncels new accelerated nurisng program

Ah, geez! What a kick! http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12678117

Some nursing students at SDSU are outraged after the school suddenly canceled the new accelerated nursing program they were about to begin.

Cassandra Simon is one of 67 students that was set to start in the program next month.

But after spending more than $1500 to prepare for the accelerated nursing program, SDSU notified her last night the program was canceled because it didn't get final approval from the chancellor.

Simon was not happy.

"Very angry. I worked hard. I worked really hard cause I got A's in all my classes to go to this school, so I could get in. So it makes me really mad," said Simon.

"Unfortunately, we made some mistakes, and we apologize. Hopefully, these students will take us up on our offer to enroll in our traditional nursing program," said SDSU's Director of Media relations Greg Block.

SDSU is also offering to refund all the accepted accelerated nursing students' application fees.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Also: http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12678291

Dozens of would-be nursing students are disappointed after receiving notice that San Diego State has canceled its proposed accelerated nursing program.

This program, which had provisionally accepted 67 students into its first class, had been slated to begin July 12. It would have allowed students who had already earned a bachelor's degree and had fulfilled their prerequisites to earn their nursing degree in only 18 months.

However, SDSU failed to receive all of its required regulatory approvals necessary to launch the program. Students who had been accepted into the accelerated program will now be given the option to enroll in the school's traditional program. SDSU officials also say they will also refund the students' $55 application fees.

Dozens of schools throughout the country offer accelerated nursing degree programs, including Cal State San Marcos and National University.

Read elsewhere where a student was complaining that she had given up a medical school acceptance to attend this program. The individuals that I feel for are the last ones who had been on the waiting list for the previous program with Oklahoma who ended up out in the cold until this came around and who are now out again.