Thread: Thursday, July 8th, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Thursday, July 8th, 2010

Morning, folks! It's Thursday, which means tomorrow is FRIDAY. That means the weekend is close by!

So, what's up? You guys were MIA yesterday; did the heat get to you all? It's been beastly here, too, with the heat index and humidity. We've had a few clouds roll through, but they didn't help too much in reducing the humidity.

Hope to see someone stop by today.... Cali, how's it going with the upstairs?

Ricu
    Hi folks,

Got today off and then on for a four day stretch- The price you pay to schedule vacation time...

It's been pretty tropical here. All the fruit and vegetables are early and some have already finished- can't find local strawberries anymore. I was on my way home a week ago during a thunderstorm when conditions became severe; hail, ears popping, wind suddenly stopping. If there weren't trees overhead, I'm pretty sure I would've seen the funnel because two towns along that trajectory had extensive damage. There were trees pulled up, roofs torn off, poles and wires down, etc. No casualties, thank God. We're waiting for the official determination of whether it was a tornado or not- like it matters. Last summer, an F4 totaled a lakeside community nearby and people died. We've had enough severe weather here the past several summers that I'm starting to think our global coordinates have moved. This may be usual for some of you depending on where you live but I'm in coastal New England. Maybe it's because we're situated between mountains and cool ocean water. Nor'Easters I understand, but tornadoes will take some getting used to. Ah well, I suppose I should find something to do now.

Have a good day,

R

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Maybe the storm was a wind shear? I remember hearing about one hitting one out here in the MidWest sometime ago.

Ya know what? The talk about global warming is a crock. Did ANYone consider what the temps were when the dinosaurs walked the earth? And for all the talk about cows/methane, etc., perhaps the vegetarians should consider that?

Our tomatoes are growing at least. I have more this year than my dad.

Do NOT mention the t word around me (T-O-R....). I am pretty much worthleess when there is a warning or watch.

Unhappy

At one thirty this morning the was stomping around like some bipolar, frenzied elephant. The apartment manager just smiled so sweetly at me when I handed her my rent the other day. I can't take this. I don't want to move into a dumpier dump either. It will probably be worse.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Your right about Global warming - the science has pretty much been disproved at least with regard to man's causing it. A close look at historical warming and cooling trends such as the medevil warm period followed by the little ice age shows these weather and climate changes do happen in a cyclical pattern that has nothing to do with mankind's influence.

Well go to go start my rounds which will be lengthy today as I am covering another nurses 4 homes plus taking care of my 6 - so that 60 people I have to see today - and top that off with a dental appointment today for my son.

Have a great day all

Hppy

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    Your right about Global warming - the science has pretty much been disproved at least with regard to man's causing it. A close look at historical warming and cooling trends such as the medevil warm period followed by the little ice age shows these weather and climate changes do happen in a cyclical pattern that has nothing to do with mankind's influence.

Well go to go start my rounds which will be lengthy today as I am covering another nurses 4 homes plus taking care of my 6 - so that 60 people I have to see today - and top that off with a dental appointment today for my son.

Have a great day all

Hppy

You work HH? What time do you start and how much driving is that. I am tired thinking about it. The driving would turn me off from HH, however, I have never considered this area. Hats off to you, though.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!