Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday July 11th, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sunday July 11th, 2010

Yep, weekend's halfway done. You know what that means......

I don't even wanna think about it, either.

So, what's going on folks? Anything much? I haven't decided what all I am gonna do today. If I decide, I'll let you know. Right now, I am looking for the coffee.

Unhappy

Well, I'm here with a toothache starting in. I just took a handful of the IB I think maybe two hours ago and it is starting to hurt tremendously. I was up all night. Could not get to sleep. My client didn't return my call yesterday. Today I don't want to call them to see if they want me to work. If they want me to come you would think they would call me or politely return my messages. It has been since last Monday I talked to them. My staffing coordinator put it on me to get in touch with the client to find out about working, but what in the world am I supposed to do if they aren't courteous enough to return a call? After all, I've worked nowhere this week, as if I can afford to only work once in awhile. I think again, I need a regular type job. Off to get the IB. Think this time 6 of them.

I am alive, so don't worry. I have been sleeping pretty bad here, too. I guess it's the weather.

Spent a few hours at B&N last night: Give me a book, and I am as good as out of commission. I may go back later and finish Elizabeth George's latest. It is pretty interesting!

Cali, watch the Ibuprofen! Want me to do dive bomb attacks on the dentist?

Unhappy

The last book I bought was a medical Spanish-English dictionary. I think I am too tied up in my job.

Angry

I'm not happy at all with that dentist. She was a brand new addition to the office since I was last in several months ago. She just looked vacant when I requested pain medication and made no move to do anything. When I called back the next day I had to say something to the receptionist who relayed to the doctor that I needed something. Not that I'm really into pain meds with controlled components or anything, but I find it surprising that previous doctors didn't even require me to say a word. They would give me a prescription with enough pills to last more than a day and a half. Geez, it hurts. The IB isn't working and I don't like how this large dose makes me dizzy. I think I'll look it up. I already know I'm exceeding the recommended amount. What a dork. I'm going to call dentists and ask straight up do you prescribe good drugs and enough of them? How far do you think that request will get me? Errrrr, this isn't funny. slap

Geez. How did you get this new dentist, and not one of the 'old timers'?

Angry

It is a long story how I even got to that office. Not politically correct. The dentist whose name I thought was the practice, left shortly after I started going there. They didn't even have me see him initially because his partner bought him out. So ok. Well, I had missed my last cleaning appointment (I was embarrassed because I didn't have the money for the copay) and let things slide since last September. Well, now I can't let this tooth slide any longer. I go into the office to get another referral form to have the tooth pulled, and there is this new dentist. The regular guy not to be seen. She didn't even introduce herself. But I can tell you I blank well don't like how she handled my request for pain medication. She could have said something to me. Instead, she ignored me twice. Yes, ignored me. Then it took prodding from the reptionist days later. You know, I hate taking controlled stuff because of this. I refuse meds because of this. The last time I was on something I stopped taking it, and told the doctor outright that I was sick and tired of getting "attitude" about the medication. And a druggie can get anything they want in this town. I just took another dose and lo and behold, time has gone by, not working at all. What am I to do? If the client calls me to work this PM, I'm liable to tell her off and quit my job. Just fantastic to go listen to her bull for 8 hours feeling like this, in pain. Oh, I don't know Sunday. I think I will go to the ER and I know they are going to tell me to call a dentist.

Just came by to say hello for now. I went to church. I will see you all later.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Yep, weekend's halfway done. You know what that means......

I don't even wanna think about it, either.

So, what's going on folks? Anything much? I haven't decided what all I am gonna do today. If I decide, I'll let you know. Right now, I am looking for the coffee.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Geeez; I am really feeling for you, Cali. The idiots around here are 'all for' those damned implants. I say BS.

I think of the problems people on actonel would have.....

Cali, I had rather have a baby than to have a toothache; I hope you can find some relief through the night and get the help you need soon.

By the way, does any of the hospitals in your area have Dental services when one comes through the ER? Have you tried baking flavor?

Quote Originally Posted by cali510 View Post
    I'm not happy at all with that dentist. She was a brand new addition to the office since I was last in several months ago. She just looked vacant when I requested pain medication and made no move to do anything. When I called back the next day I had to say something to the receptionist who relayed to the doctor that I needed something. Not that I'm really into pain meds with controlled components or anything, but I find it surprising that previous doctors didn't even require me to say a word. They would give me a prescription with enough pills to last more than a day and a half. Geez, it hurts. The IB isn't working and I don't like how this large dose makes me dizzy. I think I'll look it up. I already know I'm exceeding the recommended amount. What a dork. I'm going to call dentists and ask straight up do you prescribe good drugs and enough of them? How far do you think that request will get me? Errrrr, this isn't funny. slap
    Last edited by Grandma-RN; 07-11-2010 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Spelling and ask another question...
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast