Thread: UAPB to rework nursing program after suspension

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

UAPB to rework nursing program after suspension

Even more: http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=109231

The chancellor at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff says the school will restructure its nursing program. That's after the Arkansas State Nursing Board ordered a suspension of the program because no seniors were eligible to graduate.

Chancellor Lawrence A. Davis Jr. says the department head resigned this week and that three vacancies remain on the faculty. Davis says recruiting faculty has become difficult because salaries are not competitive.

UAPB will not accept any new nursing students for the next two years. Davis says the school must also notify all prospective students of the program changes.

The seniors were not eligible to graduate because no one passed a standardized test required for licensure.

This is a continuation of this story: http://www.ultimatenurse.com/forum/f...resigns-93150/

Unhappy

I was once advised to consider attending this program, but that was many years ago, before HESI tests and such. Feel sorry for these students.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Why not post 'em here? That would be awesome.

Smile

NytnGayle

You might want to post a new thread with your request so that it gets more exposure and thus, responses. Cougar can make it a sticky in the NCLEX forum.