Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In trouble!?!?

Angry In trouble!?!?

OK people I have a dilemma!!! I've driven almost 2000miles to get to Santa Clara, CA to work for Kaiser. I went to orientation did all the tests and filled out all my paperwork, but guess what!?! I got a call last week stating I could not go to work because my background check had not come back on Monday!!! Really you call me the day before going to work to tell me I can't!! You tell me to just sit tight even though I've left my permanent job and everything comfortable to me to start working for your company!!! I've invested alot of money into coming to California. I did sign a contract, but If I cannot work because of my backgound check not coming back then why didn't they tell me this before coming out here!! I need to be making money I have bills!! I call my recruiter everyday and she just states they are doing the best they can. Does anyone have any advice for me?!?! I've been here since last Friday July 8th with no work!!!

Sent you a PM.

There was another travel that had this happen to him..he had went to CA and was having his furniture sent..his background check hadn't come back..he couldn't work either..he waited for his furniture, don't know how long ..but he finally took another assignment in Hawaii..you might have to do the same...sorry you're having to go through this...good luck

Unhappy

This is one reason why one should have a good emergency monetary stash before traveling, and one of the many reasons I would not consider traveling. I get messed over by stationary jobs as it is.

Thank God
    , I did have some money saved, but that only lasts so long!! I will look into per diem until something opens up.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Oh, good grief! Hope things work out.

Is this company affiliated with NATHO? If so, you can log a formal complaint with them. Also ask to speak with someone ABOVE your recruiter. An account manager should be informed as they might well lose you as a traveler if this does not get straightened out.

If they have you in company housing, they do not want to lose you as they will be eating money too.
    Work your way up the chain of command at your travel company and speak with a VP or CEO if need be. If it does get straightened out, hold them to any money owed for the lost work, but this all depends on how your contract reads. I would sign up with any local agency you can find as many can have you working in a few days since you already have a license.

You can also consider contacting a different travel company as they might have you working quicker than yours. Even if you do not do this, tell your travel company you have contacted others who have promised to have you working next week. Little bluff maybe, but might light a fire under someone. Sucks to have to revert to guerilla tactics to get a company to hold up to its end of a contract, but sometimes necessary with less reputable companies.

Once things are straightened out

My backgroung checks were completed before I left for the assignment. It does not take that long to do one according to my recruiter. OH, I really hope you are ok.. NEXT time, make sure you are cleared before you leave. The company screwd up.

Also, start calling a few companies and try to get another JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP this current company

Thanks for all the advice! My background check finally came back and I start tomorrow! I also did sign up with another company for PRN. I am definitely ready to go back to work. I had a extra long vacation!! lol!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast