FYI, if you are interested: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Americ....html?x=0&.v=1

American Sentinel University, an accredited online university that provides nursing, informatics, business and leadership online degree programs for healthcare professionals, announces the launch of its first doctoral degree program, Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) in Executive Leadership.

The two-year nursing leadership DNP fosters nurse executive practice within a complex, highly computerized health system. The program features a flexible online format, eight-week-long courses, two-week breaks, a bridge program for those with non-nursing Master’s degrees, and just two 10-day residencies.

“We are excited to introduce a degree program that has been noticeably missing in the healthcare marketplace – a DNP for executive nurses who want to specialize in practical leadership skills,” said Catherine Garner, DrPH, MSN, MPA, RN, FAAN, Provost and Dean, Health Sciences and Nursing at American Sentinel University.

“Busy nurse executives will not only find our program livable and manageable, but fulfilling and enjoyable. Plus, they will acquire specialized leadership credentials, making them all the more valuable to their organizations,” Dr. Garner added.

“There’s a distinct body of knowledge assigned to nursing leadership, and I want to become a practitioner of that knowledge,” said Roy L. Simpson, Vice President of Nursing at Cerner Corporation and a student in the program’s first cohort. “American Sentinel’s non-traditional online approach, the bridge program, and the two short residencies will allow me to pursue a doctoral degree while I continue to work and travel.”

The 42-credit program is open to nursing executives who have at least three years of senior executive experience and a Master’s degree. No GRE or other placement testing is required.

For information about American Sentinel University’s Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership, visit our web site or call 866.922.5690.