Thread: Monday, August 23rd, 2010

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Monday, August 23rd, 2010

Good morning, everyone. I am starting to hate mornings again. Is everyone ok? You all have been MIA.

Unhappy

I have to go to work today and am depressed about that. I was off yesterday for one day after working five. My client's mom got rid of her M-F day nurse for a stupid reason, so the weekend day nurse took over M-F. Night shift has been added to the case and there is no nurse for that yet. They have to get another nurse for PMs, then the mom wants me to work 3 nights and 2 PMs on the weekend. I can hardly wait because hopefully on night shift she won't be coming into the room every five minutes. She has been grating on my nerves since day one. So I am depressed that I have to go to work today. Oh, and I got my paycheck on Saturday, a little over $200. Wow, that sure will go a long way.

Well, $200 beats nothing at all, Cali. Please don't misunderstand me!

I understand those parents who are in q. 5 minutes; true, it's their kid, but let us do our job. Heck, she could be videotaping you, perish the thought.

She has the baby monitor that has video on it. When I started the case, she indicated that she would be using it, but that has rarely been the case. She just comes into the room every five minutes anyway. I do not mind from the standpoint that I know she wants to do everything and be in control, but the part that really irks me is that she is totally resistant to any kind of teaching. She brings up blood from the child's trachea from her constant suctioning and she berates me because she does not hear the suction machine going every ten minutes so that I can be bringing up blood also. The child cries. It is distressing. I know my supervisors are worthless to discuss this matter with. I feel I have to be very cautious with the communication notes I send to the agency because my diligence is not seen in a positive way by them and I need to keep my job.

If something were to happen, would the notes be able to back you up? That is something I would think of. I know your hands are tied....

Hello all. Our family member passed; please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Cali, if I may, are you giving too much information about your clients? Just know many read this board, nurses and perhaps non-nursing people, too. Just concern.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

I know Cali has been VERY diligent about patient privacy. Kudos to her!

Grandma, we are thinking of you.....

Stating that the client's parent comes into the room constantly and is always complaining can apply to many, many home health cases. I was asked once recently about my client and did not give out the diagnosis because I knew that was too much info in my opinion although I've seen lots of references to gender and diagnosis, when coupled with knowing what city the nurse works out of as well as in some cases, even the name of the agency, could make things dicey. Thanks for your concern though.

That reminded me that just the day before yesterday I read a post on another site, which shall remain nameless, by a nurse that has stated she works for an agency I've worked for, where she gave enough info in the post, that I recognized the patient as one that I worked with in the past. No name, no diagnosis, just enough particulars, that I could guess, and am probably correct. Based upon that occurrence, no examples should ever be used. Normally I scramble my info, but I think it is a good idea to spend less time on these websites. Period.

Cali, at least there's other things to discuss here other than work, right?