Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With co-workers like this......

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

With co-workers like this......

Who needs enemies?!

Tell me, folks, is it considered 'normal' for co-workers to be posting on FaceBook when they are on the job? Is it 'normal' for them to be talking about how drunk they got at a certain bar, or posting pictures of said drunkness on FB during a Divorce Party? Oh, and 'some' of these people are in a Supervisory position, also! If you aren't one of their 'butt kissing' pack, they have it in for you.

Not sure if you all have heard the song 'Smiling Faces' by The Undisputed Truth, but that song really sums up the whole she-bang. The O-Jay's 'BackStabbers' also fits: Smiling in your face, and hitting in the back.

Geez, I wonder if your ex co-workers know some of the people I know.....

Normal, it should not be, however, most places have those who have the need to discuss all their business. In that same vein, gets mad when they find out someone else knows their business or lack of business. There are so many different avenues some vent that it does not suprise me it is on Face Book.

Like Sue, I beleive "we" all have some form of ex/co-wokers as such. Makes for a bad taste in mouths of those who may not spend energy during the likes.

Strange how some just don't get it.....being in a supervisory position has nothing to do with how one's persona is when some need to "fit". Coping mechanism for some are using others to perform or raise self-esteem by going along with almost anything.

I personally don't drink. If I did, it would not be with any co-wokers; period.
    ER-RN

It is alright to get tired, but, never give up."

Proud Grancama!

Grandma, the nurse turn over is quite high; try the whole staff literally changed in over a year and then some. If you ain't in the bar scene, forget it. It's actually quite pathetic.

Try an ex-DON who was hired last year before her 2 license reprimands were posted for diversion. No surprise when drugs come up missing, and others are getting blamed.

Another ex-boss was too busy doing 'the stray cat strut' to worry about an up-coming survey. THAT was the survey from hell.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    This is exactly why my facebook is for family communication only. I think I have one or two friends who are nurses there, but since I post only things I'd let my mother see it's not a problem. My facebook and and online recovery persona are two different people who will never meet in the cyber world. I know lots of people in recovery who post all their struggles on facebook - with pictures to boot - What happened to anonymity. Plus I have heard of several nurses who lost their jobs because of their very public antics on sites like facebook and You Tube etc..... I worked hard to get my license in the first place and then had to fight even harder to keep it when my life fell apart 7 years ago.

Cougar I hope your feeling better, I only had two calls from the on-call switchboard last night and they were my patients anyways so at least I knew them. I'll be taking DS out to Karate soon.....then trying to get the house straightened out for the holidays.......

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Notice I don't name names or locations. Heck, if the people in question trip over this site, they can always feel a bit edgy. Heck----is that the sweet smell of FEAR?

As is, one of the FB posters DID lose their job. PAYBACKS! It helped that said persons resume is up on the net. That kinda comes in handy...... hehehehe!

Recovery posts on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    This is exactly why my facebook is for family communication only. I think I have one or two friends who are nurses there, but since I post only things I'd let my mother see it's not a problem. My facebook and and online recovery persona are two different people who will never meet in the cyber world. I know lots of people in recovery who post all their struggles on facebook - with pictures to boot - What happened to anonymity. Plus I have heard of several nurses who lost their jobs because of their very public antics on sites like facebook and You Tube etc..... I worked hard to get my license in the first place and then had to fight even harder to keep it when my life fell apart 7 years ago.

Cougar I hope your feeling better, I only had two calls from the on-call switchboard last night and they were my patients anyways so at least I knew them. I'll be taking DS out to Karate soon.....then trying to get the house straightened out for the holidays.......

Peace and Namaste

Hppy
    I agree with you to a great extent HappyGrateful,
    I went to treatment (again) a while back and now all of the people I made friends with are Facebooking. We are fairly discreet about our status as Recovering people. But one of us started a private group only for those of us who have attended this program within a given timeframe. That seems to work because only invitees can join. I also started a private group for my nurse friends.

About anonymity...I just don't subscribe to that. Although I DO respect that of others, my goal (and I am an activist about this) is for people to come out of the proverbial closet. Research dollars are given to those who have a strong voice. So I try to ATTRACT rather than promote, and I share my story as much as possible...due to Step 12...trying to carry the message to others. I talk about a suicide attempt in addiction and I invite others to tell their stories on my other blogs.

I do respect your decision. That is part of my program as well. And I admire your commitment as well. Keep on truckin' Happy"grateful"
    Steph R. RN, MS

Ricu
    The name of the game is discretion. Share nothing that has potential to be used against you. aI have many work friends on FB and really enjoy relating with them from a non-work perspective. We sometimes allude to work related things but it's mostly social, and always clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    The name of the game is discretion. Share nothing that has potential to be used against you. aI have many work friends on FB and really enjoy relating with them from a non-work perspective. We sometimes allude to work related things but it's mostly social, and always clean.
    Point taken
    Steph R. RN, MS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast