Thread: Weekend Drug Testing. Help!!

Weekend Drug Testing. Help!!

I've been in diversion in the state of California for over 1.5 years and am getting ready for transition but I've ran into a problem that I can't seem to resolve. Since I've been in diversion, weekend tests have been rare, but over the last several months I have been tested on Saturday or Sunday at least 40% of the time. There is only 1 testing facility available on weekends and it's a very busy urgent care. This last week I had to test on a Saturday. When I went in, the clinic was packed. Since drug testing is low priority for this facility, other patients with actual medical problems were taken before me. I was unable to hold my urine after waiting for 2.5 hours so I voided, then drank water so my bladder would have sufficient volume to test. The problem was, when I did test, my urine was dilute and I received a non-compliant letter from the DEC.
    Obviously there is no way for me to regulate the concentration of my urine, and any second void within 1 hour of the first will be dilute. Does anyone know who I can speak with or write to to effect a policy change re. weekend testing? I have worked very hard to be compliant and have never missed a call or had a dilute urine before, but I can see how this could happen again and my enrollment in diversion could be in jeopardy. I understand we need to be tested, but forcing me to suffer for hours with bladder spasms in a busy urgent care or risk wetting myself is simply humiliating and punitive.

Gee, once, I was not able to give a good amount for sample and They told me to drink water and wait. SO, I did and no big deal and this was pre-employment. Hey , why don't they do a blood test?/ Probably costs too much. ANyway, I would call someone and find out more details.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I didn't see this message when you wrote it - but I would suggest you call Compass Vision and see if they have any other tests sites available - There are some that are not published on their website. Most of the Compass Vision sites will give priority to drug tests because they get paid to do it - I never had to wait more that 15 minutes at any site.