Thread: Does anyone have any advice for me?!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Does anyone have any advice for me?!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hello everyone!
    I have a question for anyone that may have some advice pertaining to my situation. I currently hold a Ky nursing license with no disciplinary action on it. Years ago (5-6 yrs ago), I got into a little trouble when I was travel nursing in the state of AZ. The state of AZ reported their claim to all other states I had ever been licensed in. The results were OH revoked my license. There is a red flag on SC when you look it up although I was no longer licensed in that state so they didn't take action against me. AZ simply denied me a permanent license, so there is nothing really showing up there. WV status just says lapsed bc I didn't keep it up. KY is my original state of licensure, and they knew everything that happened from my viewpoint, and thankful to God, they didn't take any action against me. I haven't practiced nursing in years because I was afraid to do anything!!! My life is totally different now, I have a wonderful husband and children, and am interested in applying for licensure in FL bc we are transferring there with his job. I am afraid it will cause problems....I am not sure how to handle this! Will they automatically deny me?? I love nursing and miss it sooooo much and truly was an excellent critical care nurse. I still remember my stuff!!! Is there anything that I can do now to fight OH or is it too late? And what about getting SC to remove their red flag?! Will having a KY license in good standing help me?! PLEASE HELP!!!!! Thank you to anyone who will listen and give me some tips!

Hopefull

Hopefully this happened prior to the electronic information age. If so you are free to move about the country. However, you will still have to answer questions on the application regarding to any disciplinary actions and questions along those lines. If you are untruefull and they find out, you are denied access and sanctioned by the board of nursing. Some states may revoke your practice. Good luck. Keep us informed.

depending what your accused of, you might need to enroll in the diversion program. it's a pain but it clears ur record.

Smile

Best thing to do is to apply. Answer the questions truthfully and hopefully you will be ok. Or you can contact the Board first and see what they tell you. Best wishes.