Thread: Travel Pictures

Anonymous

Travel Pictures

The picture thingy doesn't seem to work here so here's a link to some of mine.

http://community.webshots.com/user/imtimon

WR,,, three commas for Becca

Re: Travel Pictures

I loved your pictures, especially the group in Maine. Did you work there? If so I wondered what advise you may have to offer about it. I am looking into traveling in that state.

Pfam

Anonymous

Re: Travel Pictures

Darling.. I live there.. I have a condo one mile from the Big Pond..AKA the Atlantic Ocean...

I will tell you that there isn't really as much of a shortage of nurses in Maine.. The reason being that we have lost almost all of our manufacturing base. Our taxes are the highest % wise in the country. ...There are two job opps in Maine...Wally World greeter and nursing.

Many hospitals are paying totally for anyone in the hospital to go to an ADN program...All the way from the kitchen to the housekeeping department and many are taking advantage of it.

There are some travel positions in the far north. But you better speak French.. Canada is close by..

I was born in Maine..Still work at the local dialysis units..

Good Luck.. I am not saying you can't get a travel position there you just might have to wait or look very hard..

Another thing the hospital I left 4 years ago on the M/S floor was 4:1 on days ...We felt pushed with 5 .. Makes for pretty good retention.. I left for my niche..Hemodialysis..

If you have other questions just ask..

WR,,, three commas for Becca.