Thread: gave up my licence... too much guilt

gave up my licence... too much guilt

I let my state board take my licence without a fight fifteen years ago.I was on methadone for thirteen years. Last Christmas I did what no one thought I could do. I got off that horrible ride. I miss being a nurse so much I know it was and is what I was meant to be.I wish there was some way to get that part of myself back. I just don"t know were to start.Can someone tell me if I could have a place caring for patents again. And what I can do about this mistake I made in not defending myself

So sorry in Texas

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    A very good friend of mine in recovery once told me that people will line up to kick you in the ass so quit being so hard on yourself. The fact that you were able to get off methadone is huge. Check with your state board on the steps you need to take to reinstate your license. Don't be in a rush - remember periods or change are the most dangerous for addicts even when we've been clean and sober a long time. Expect to encounter a lot of red tape and hoops to jump through but many of us have been able to return to patient care and the life we love. Go slow - if you have a sponsor stay in close contact - send me a private message here anytime - I sometimes don't check in for a day or two at a time - but I will respond.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy