Thread: HELP-terrible 1st time assignment

Unhappy HELP-terrible 1st time assignment

I have 25yrs. at the same major trauma hospital,the last 5 in the general OR where I retired from and the head nurse at the time still wanted me to work at least one day a week. I took 18 months off and decided to try travel nursing .Went to a very smallOR,should have known when I found out that a majority of their regular nurses had just quit.Now after 7wks I have gone from great nurse to terrible nurse according to the complaint to my recruiter who called last Friday at 2 PM after I had already reported to work and worked at l.east 5 hrs,pulled all their Monday case carts from the basement central sterile, the went down 14 case cart pick lists and placed all the instruments and material that would be needed by Monday.And since Friday I have been trying to contact my recruiter who as of this AM is still not answering my calls. What do I do? I want to travel again but I am devastated at what this might mean about getting another job.Has this happened to anyone?What do I do to clear my name?I always had good evaluations in the OR what happened?

I would go to the nurse or manager, and discuss how unhappy you are and want to agree to cancel the contract. Do this before they fire you. I have done it myself. AND switch companies. Also, call the administrator at your company, report your recruiter not calling you back. If this is an unsafe assignment -- quit- and tell your company it is unsafe and that you need to QUIT to preserve your license.