Thread: Jobjobjobjob

Wink Jobjobjobjob

Just wanted to share my good news with all. It took 50 applications to get 9 (recounted, I thought it was 6) interviews that got me one JOB! I have been unemployed for 6 months now and feeling pretty low about it. But I kept trudging the road to happy destiny and doing the next right thing. I applied for every job I could find in a 50 mile radius, and then some. BUT I KEPT AFTER IT. Being turned down in person 8 times was no picnic, but I did it (and earned it too, really). LVN jobs are scarce around here, mainly RN jobs at the hospitals. My point is, it can be done. Somewhere, out there is someone waiting to hire a good nurse who made a mistake. KEEP LOOKING. And I want to thank my 2 friends on here (you know who you are) for the moral support I needed and got. Hang in there everyone, and HAPPY HUNTING!...Kris

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Good going, Sasto! This should be an inspiration for everyone.

I am also sure you'll find more friends here on the board, too!

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new job! No small feat! Now take some time to relax and then prepare yourself for a successful go at it. You can now count yourself among the lucky people who have managed to get work in such a bad economy.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Good luck to you - know how hard you have worked for this - remember to stay focused on your recovery as you reinter the workforce this is a hopeful but also dangerous time for you. Stay close to your program and all will be well.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy