Thread: Nurse pleads guilty to smuggling drugs into jail

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Nurse pleads guilty to smuggling drugs into jail

What was she thinking?! http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2...eaking+News%29

A nurse formerly assigned to the Cook County Jail's hospital pleaded guilty today to smuggling drugs to her inmate boyfriend, the Cook County sheriff's office said.

Kuna Winding, 33, of 7900 block of South Marshfield Avenue, pleaded guilty to one felony count of official misconduct and one felony count of delivery of a controlled substance, according to the sheriff's office. She was sentenced to one year of probation and community service work and will have to submit to drug testing as part of her plea agreement.

Winding originally was charged with bringing a controlled substance into a penal institution, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, criminal conspiracy and official misconduct, all felonies. Her arrest came following a months-long investigation by the Cook County sheriff's office of professional review, the internal affairs section of the sheriff's office.

Tips that Winding might have smuggled a gun into the jail led to a lockdown there the week before her July arrest, prosecutors said.

Sheriff's investigators received information that Winding had been smuggling the illegal items, including marijuana and ecstasy, into the jail while working for the Cook County Health and Hospitals System, the sheriff's office said. Winding, a licensed practical nurse, had worked at Cermak Hospital -- the hospital within the jail -- since January.

This represents a strange way of thinking to me. Why not legalize pot and there would be far fewer felony arrests ending up in jail. Why not let prisoners smoke pot in prison. There would be less violence and other prison problems as everyone would be so nice and mellow.

Tom, it isn't just pot that gets smuggled int Cook Co. One of my classmates was a Chicago cop, and the University I graduated from had Clinicals there: The pot they'd seen ain't your average MaryJane, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by suebird3 View Post
    Tom, it isn't just pot that gets smuggled int Cook Co. One of my classmates was a Chicago cop, and the University I graduated from had Clinicals there: The pot they'd seen ain't your average MaryJane, believe me.

Yes it is a little more stronger with higher levels of active THC, But that really is only true with lab grown varieties. The stuff on the streets is like 4 or 5 percent stronger, Unless they spray other things on it, like Dust and GHB and and other garbage.

Cool

I would be interested in learning what the state did to doofus' nursing license. Two felony convictions, drug related, I bet she will be looking for another line of work to pay for her monitoring, and pee tests, etc.

Missconduct? Delivery? Not sure; probably suspend license. I am sure it will be posted somewhere on the IDPR, but not sure when. Trying to navigate that site is something else at times.