Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tpapn friendly employers?

I've only been in TPAPN for about a month. I am in under a mental health contract for my anxiety. Who doesn't have anxiety? Be that as it may, I had a contract position in an occ health office and was due to start full-time for that hospital (in the same position, just no longer for an agency) five days after I started TPAPN. My supervisor was fine with it until it came time for me to sign the TPAPN paperwork and she read the restrictions more carefully. The need for a work release and the overtime prohibition gave her pause. They sent me home that day to get my paperwork in order (as I was an agency employee, which is prohibited). They cancelled my contract (which had a day and a half left) and rescinded the job offer. All the posts I've read leave me with very little hope.

I understand that this is supposed to be helpful, but my anxiety was managed well without medication before this. Yet now they've turned my life upside-down and demand I take drugs for issues they dredged up. How am I supposed to not be anxious and distracted when I'm not allowed to work until a shrink I can't pay for clears me, when I can't keep a roof over my head because I can't work, etc? I found a good shrink who does both medication management AND therapy (who knew they still existed?); she's not quite ready to clear me yet. (I have some serious other family issues going on for which she feels I would be better off of work.) My advocate swears she knows of some TPAPN-friendly employers and said that there are support groups out there. So far, I've found neither.

Is anyone else here in TPAPN on a mental health contract, or is there possibly another forum in which I should address this?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    If your Dr. Says you can't work can you collect disability? I know the laws are different in each state about who can get disability so check the laws in your state - If you have a diagnosed mental health issue and are receiving treatment you should be able to get short term disability. It's not much but it"s something.

Lookin for a TPAPN friendly employer

Quote Originally Posted by hppygr8ful View Post
    If your Dr. Says you can't work can you collect disability? I know the laws are different in each state about who can get disability so check the laws in your state - If you have a diagnosed mental health issue and are receiving treatment you should be able to get short term disability. It's not much but it"s something.
    Hi I'm new to this. I'm an RN looking for work in Dallas/Fort Worth area. Does anyone have any suggestions. I've filled out numerous applications. As a PACU nurse I can't give narcs or take call so I'm stuck there. Any leads or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi I'm also looking for employment in the Dallas Fort Worth are. If anyone has advice I'd sure appreciate it. My recovery is going great so I'm happy about that but the job hunting and rejection is stressful!!!

Fort Worth listings at our sister site -
    http://texas.nursingjobs.us/city/fort-worth/

Hello. I didn't catch what your sister site is. Lmk if you would rather email. I'm in TPAPN for alcohol and have been sober over a year. This job searching is very stressful and I'm ready for a break!

Oh, sorry if that was unclear. It's Nursingjobs.us.
    http://www.nursingjobs.us/

Everything is divided up by state so click on Texas and then Fort Worth or Dallas. I can't comment on whether they're specifically tpapn friendly (I don't believe we ask that when employers post jobs) but hey, it's worth a shot.

Best of luck to you, and welcome to the site!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12