I've only been in TPAPN for about a month. I am in under a mental health contract for my anxiety. Who doesn't have anxiety? Be that as it may, I had a contract position in an occ health office and was due to start full-time for that hospital (in the same position, just no longer for an agency) five days after I started TPAPN. My supervisor was fine with it until it came time for me to sign the TPAPN paperwork and she read the restrictions more carefully. The need for a work release and the overtime prohibition gave her pause. They sent me home that day to get my paperwork in order (as I was an agency employee, which is prohibited). They cancelled my contract (which had a day and a half left) and rescinded the job offer. All the posts I've read leave me with very little hope.

I understand that this is supposed to be helpful, but my anxiety was managed well without medication before this. Yet now they've turned my life upside-down and demand I take drugs for issues they dredged up. How am I supposed to not be anxious and distracted when I'm not allowed to work until a shrink I can't pay for clears me, when I can't keep a roof over my head because I can't work, etc? I found a good shrink who does both medication management AND therapy (who knew they still existed?); she's not quite ready to clear me yet. (I have some serious other family issues going on for which she feels I would be better off of work.) My advocate swears she knows of some TPAPN-friendly employers and said that there are support groups out there. So far, I've found neither.

Is anyone else here in TPAPN on a mental health contract, or is there possibly another forum in which I should address this?