Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tpapn friendly employers?

Unhappy tpapn friendly employers?

I am a tpapn participant God willing i will have 2 yrs clean on 1-1-11. Still cant find a job. anybody have any suggestions or know anyone in fort worth that has been able to get a job. Found a couple ltc places but they already had tpapn nurses and could not hire another. I have 15 years experience as an lpn/lvn. interviews go well then i disclose tpapn,and i get the look. Also the bon has posted orders on website for anyone to see and of course it looks much worse in black and white. Need advice will be in tpapn 2 yrs in april and if i dont have job i will be noncompliant and referred back to bon.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I don't know anything about TPAPN but having gone through the process in California I know that Psych facilities and some LTC facilities are more recovery friendly than Others. I always steer people looking for a second chance to employers who were good to me. My suggestion is that if you are in any kind of nurse support support group see where your peers are working and apply there......

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

The place I work at in San Antonio is friendly. About 4 or 5 of us working there. Know that doesn't help much since it's so far, but I wanted you to know that I read your post. It sounded like me, ver batem. I had the look many times too. Keep looking! I filled out 50 applications, had 9 interviews and finally got a job. Hang in there. Ask medical professionals at your AA/NA group, if you go to one. Keep us posted....sasto.

thank you it gives me hope!

I read your post and agree how it reading the board explaination of events look far worst in black and white. Have you tried the local jails or prisons? They are friendly if you have no criminal record.

Can you share the name of your employer? I am also having trouble finding a job and am willing to relocate in Texas if need be. Thanks bunches!!

Just wanted to say that there are TPAPN friendlies out there...you just have to keep looking...don't know if I am allowed to mention a name or not?...happygr8ful?...advice please.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I usually pm the name of diversion friendly hospitals - the place I work was very good to be - but at one time about a third of their employees were nurses under supervision and the rumors was that all the staff there were addicts - which scared the local populace a bit. I generally want to know a bit about someone's specific case and history before I give them a referral. But I don't think there is any hard rule about naming facilities friendly to nurses in recovery.

Unemplyed since August

Quote Originally Posted by sasto View Post
    The place I work at in San Antonio is friendly. About 4 or 5 of us working there. Know that doesn't help much since it's so far, but I wanted you to know that I read your post. It sounded like me, ver batem. I had the look many times too. Keep looking! I filled out 50 applications, had 9 interviews and finally got a job. Hang in there. Ask medical professionals at your AA/NA group, if you go to one. Keep us posted....sasto.
    HI, I live in lubbock lost my job when my restrictions/stips came in .........glad you found a job! I am desperate and willing to relocate.Need another RN by chance?

I've been in TPAPN since aug 11. I have been looking and looking for employment. I live in the panhandle of texas in a very small rural city, employment is very hard to find. I have been offered a couple of jobs, and both have been turned down by TPAPN. One was with the Collage we have here in town subing for the nursing program, and the other was with the only local nursing home. I'm at my wits end, I don't know what to do. The closest major city is Amarillo and it is 60 miles away, and my advocate agress that is to far to drive daily, wouldn't make any money due to gas prices, and not to mention wear and tear on the car. I also think they are a bit afraid that having to leave an hour or more early would make someone in recovery relapse. Anyone have any suggestions on what would be a good employer????? Help!!! I haven't been referred to the BON, my license states no restrictions, but I have to tell the employer that I'm in TPAPN and get the look as well. I really don't want to have to do the program again, but I'm running out of options, and getting very discouraged.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast