Thread: Bar raised on PN-NCLEX

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Bar raised on PN-NCLEX

FYI: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/The-NC....html?x=0&.v=1

The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN®), www.ncsbn.org, voted on Dec. 8, 2010, to raise the passing standard for the NCLEX-PN Examination (the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses). The new passing standard is -0.27 logits on the NCLEX-PN® logistic scale. The new passing standard will take effect on April 1, 2011, in conjunction with the 2011 NCLEX-PN® Test Plan.

After consideration of all available information, the NCSBN Board of Directors determined that safe and effective entry-level PN practice requires a greater level of knowledge, skills, and abilities than was required in 2008 when NCSBN implemented the current standard. The passing standard was increased in response to changes in U.S. health care delivery and nursing practice that have resulted in the greater acuity of clients seen by entry-level PNs.

The Board of Directors used multiple sources of information to guide its evaluation and discussion regarding the change in passing standard. As part of this process, NCSBN convened an expert panel of nurses to perform a criterion-referenced standard setting procedure. The panel's findings supported the creation of a higher passing standard. NCSBN also considered the results of national surveys of nursing professionals including nursing educators, directors of nursing in acute care settings and administrators of long-term care facilities.

In accordance with a motion adopted by the 1989 NCSBN Delegate Assembly, the NCSBN Board of Directors evaluates the passing standard for the NCLEX-PN Examination every three years to protect the public by ensuring minimal competence for entry-level LPN/VNs. NCSBN coordinates the passing standard analysis with the three-year cycle of test plan evaluation. This three-year cycle was developed to keep the test plan and passing standard current. A PDF of the 2011 NCLEX-PN® Test Plan is available free of charge from the NCSBN website at https://www.ncsbn.org/2011_PN_TestPlan.pdf.

The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is a not-for-profit organization whose members include the boards of nursing in the 50 states, the District of Columbia and four U.S. territories -- American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. There are also seven associate members.

Mission: NCSBN provides education, service and research through collaborative leadership to promote regulatory excellence for patient safety and public protection.

Media inquiries may be directed to the contact listed above. Technical inquiries about the NCLEX examination may be directed to the NCLEX information line at 1.866.293.9600 or nclexinfo@ncsbn.org.
    The definition of a logit may be found on NCSBN's website at https://www.ncsbn.org/02_18_05_brief.pdf.

National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.
    111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2900
    Chicago, IL 60601-4277

lol nice

I take mine tommarrow morning, .... stomach is doing flips

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Take a deeep breath; relax. I know you will do fine.

Let us know about the new layout!

OK... I like everyone else left feeling like I FAILED horribly.. I had 85 questions (min)... but found out I passed.... almost everything is critical thinking... no cut and dry answers for questions... gotta know your stuff... don't think the fact I passed has sank in yet.... maybe not until the first day of orientation at work.. Thanks

I gave NCLEX nursing test couple of month ago but didn't make it. Because I really want to clear it but I didn’t think about the way I prepared for the exam. Now I am just reading books and solving online question paper. I was working very hard just didn’t getting the results. Than after a month someone suggest me to take online preparing test course which help a lot in NCLEX-RN preparation. I should not forget to mention online information posted by others who already crack the test and it helped a lot in knowing things which help you in the test. Practice and learning of previous questions are always big help so try on that too.