Thread: Licensing requirements and opportunities

Licensing requirements and opportunities

A couple of quick questions...do most states have a reciprocity agreements with other states to make it convenient for traveling nurses or is it a nightmare trying to secure licenses in other states. Any suggestions or input when I keep reading the advanced notices are getting shorter and shorter and many job posting stay position is available ASAP? Are CEU hours acceptable in multiple states when renewing??

Also, I have had trouble locating job opportunities overseas at gov't contracts or military installations? Are those available and am I screwing up the searches and just can't find them?

thanks!!

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by ashtim1514 View Post
    A couple of quick questions...do most states have a reciprocity agreements with other states to make it convenient for traveling nurses or is it a nightmare trying to secure licenses in other states. Any suggestions or input when I keep reading the advanced notices are getting shorter and shorter and many job posting stay position is available ASAP? Are CEU hours acceptable in multiple states when renewing??

Also, I have had trouble locating job opportunities overseas at gov't contracts or military installations? Are those available and am I screwing up the searches and just can't find them?

thanks!!
    Welcome to the site! I'll try to answer a few of your questions for you:

What is your home State? If it is part of the Compact State deal, no problem. If it is NOT part of the Compact State deal, I believe you need to get a license in the state you are traveling to.

We do have a list of all 50 states on the site, and there is a thread dedicated to that State's BON. When you can, take some time to look over the individual BON's.

As for CEU's, I do believe they will transfer where-ever you go. Just make sure you have copies made, and make sure that you know what each State requires for licensure.

As for the Gov't jobs----not sure there. Sorry I can't help you on that.

Good luck, and hope that I was of some help. Hope you stop by and be part of the Forum!

'Cat'

thanks for the information...a ton of stuff to digest throughout this forum.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    And to think that you'll be adding to it!

Again, glad to have you with us. We are all learning from each other.....

And so what if you resurrect an old thread?!