Thread: Thursday, December 30th 2010

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Thursday, December 30th 2010

Today is a good morning - I had coffee and a pear and so far it's staying down - could this be a portent for the year to come? I have to go to work today to finish the year end stuff then I am off for four days. This time I'm turning my phone off! I forgot on Christmas weekend and the staff kept calling me instead of the on-call. Anyway I finally came up with my New Years resolutions. 1. Harbor no resentment. 2. Exercise more. 3. Love sweeter and live better.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Thanks for starting the daily Thread, Hppy! I sorta got sidetracked with cleaning, brewing coffee, and other assorted things that tend to crop up.

Still gotta wash my hair; knowing Mom, she'll call when I get my head in the sink. Rumor has it we are gonna have a 'heat wave' tomorrow, then back to normal (?) Winter. Oh, Joy!

Hppy, do you have a facility cell phone? Just wondering.

Hello Today I am going to get ready for tomorrow and in the mean time I am reflecting on yesturday. Therefore, I am stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cougarnurse View Post
    Thanks for starting the daily Thread, Hppy! I sorta got sidetracked with cleaning, brewing coffee, and other assorted things that tend to crop up.

Still gotta wash my hair; knowing Mom, she'll call when I get my head in the sink. Rumor has it we are gonna have a 'heat wave' tomorrow, then back to normal (?) Winter. Oh, Joy!

Hppy, do you have a facility cell phone? Just wondering.
    Yes I carry a facility cell phone which is on 24/5 Monday through Friday, There are eight nurses in our company and we each have about 36 consumers to look after. We trade off weekends and holidays with and on-call administrator fielding calls and contacting the nurse if warranted. Most problems are handeled by phone for those consumers out of my area. But one of my clients had a bad fall on Christmas day and ended up in the ER getting a bunch of stiches in his lower lip. I forgot to turn my phone off so they kept calling me instead of the on-call. I don't mind really but for things like this the health services department and social worker have to be nostified to prevent allegations of abuse/ neglect. So it helps if the staff follows protocol and call the right people.

Going to spend the day with my son tomorrow - hopefully it won't rain and we can go to the zoo or something - the animals are always more active on cool days.

So I imagine that heat wave your expecting will get you up to 50 degrees or so.......lol

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

You know what they say in recovery! If you always have one foot in yesterday and the other in tomorrow you'r p%ssing all over today! Go to a meeting - get you head on straight and have a great New Year!

Peace and namaste

Happy

hppygr8ful, you are good, please empy your private messages. I will find a meeting today, because yesterday hurts so much.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Sassysissy--- (((((HUGS))))) I hope you find a meeting, and find a way to lessen the hurt.

Yeah, we are gonna get close to 55 tomorrow, if what the weather man is correct. I will believe it when I experience it. It's this sort of crappy weather that sorta caused my broken arm earlier this year.