Thread: Sunday, January 2nd, 2011

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sunday, January 2nd, 2011

Morning, folks. Hope you all are doing ok this second day of the New Year.

The warm snap we had is definately over; now back to more typical Winter weather. I don't even want to think about it.

Bird, how'd it go with the family? I had to head over to my aunt's friends' house to get laptop looked at. What a mess.

Now, off to get the coffee.

Good morning! At least yesterday is over and done with.

Cat, I read your last post from yesterday, and can attest to the poor cat's feelings. Re: the family bit---once a year with them is enough for me. Even that can be pushing it, but they ARE Da Mooses' family. The thing is, he feels the same way!

It's so nice to find out news that is a year old. I kinda made the point of 'Our phone number is listed, and you have our e-mail address.', among other not-so-subtle digs.

Other then that, I am surviving pretty well. Now to figure out what I am going to get accomplished today.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Hey Ya'll - hope all are well and made it through the holidays safe and sound. We had a very lazy day yesterday. Slept in, watched the Rose Parade on TV. Funny I live less than 10 miles from the parade route and have never been to see it in person. Spent about an hour on the phone with my nutty bi-polar mother who just about drive's me batty whenever I talk to her. Finished out the day having dinner out with old friends. Back to work tomorrow - Not sure yet how I'm going to drag myself out of bed at 5:30am. Anyways I'm starting a new web-based venture and blog this year - health related but not political (I'll try.....I'll really try). So be watching in the next few weeks as I launch the site. I really am looking forward to your input and support. Have a great day and Happy New Year again!!!!!

Here's a little inspiration from my favorite speaker Ralph Marston...... "This is it. Your New Year is here. Though you cannot go back, you can do even better than ever as you move forward. No matter how many other years you've already seen, you can make this the best one yet.
    Of course there are plenty of challenges, and more are likely to be on the way real soon. But you've already come through a whole lot of them, and now you can put all that experience to positive and meaningful use."
    Read more: http://www.greatday.com/#ixzz19tgv8aJZ

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

You will be sticking around here, right?

Am having an hour or so to myself right now. Am also making a list of what all needs to be done in regards to needed housework/repairs. This should be fun.

I just got off the 'phone with my Mom. Geez, what a conversation. Don't you know that whatever sense I had, I lost years ago. I HAD to take a shot at her with the comment of, 'Says alot for your parenting, eh?'. Understand that she's got some health problems, and with other crazy things going on over there....it's her way of venting and getting things out of her system. Drives me nuts, though.

Trust me Cougar , I'm not going anywhere - but you may see a little less of me - three or so long on's week rather than every day. As for moms - I also know what you mean. My childhood was downright abusive and while I take full responsibilty for my problems with substance abuse I still think the deep resentments I carried for years sure didn't help me any. Like most mentally ill people my mom lives in her own version of reality and thinks she was the best mother ever. I try to be a dutiful daughter and talk to her once or twice a month and have made a commitment that she will never be "on the street" but my dad left her with about 3 million dollars when he died so at 78 she should be okay in that regard.

Got to get going the Man-cub needs new ink for his printer and OfficeMax is having a sale.
    Then I have to get back to work on the web-site!

Peace

Hppy

Hope you have a MaxCard.

Somehow, I have a feeling your blog site will deal us a blow. *Sigh*

I do have a max card and I also got one of those 20% off bags in my morning paper so if I can just resist the sucker deals I should be ok.

I would never do anything to hurt you all and in fact I need you to help critiques this thing. I'll also be looking for recipe testers. It's mostly about a new concept in healthy eating and a line of products, recipe's and exercise plans to promote healthy balanced living.

Peace and Namaste

Hppy