Thread: Wednesday, January 19th

Cool Wednesday, January 19th

Good Morning!!! Feels like Monday to me since I've had the past two days off. Today & tomorrow are 12's with Friday an 8 hr day. I've been working every other weekend. Still have not heard back from PEB regards to decision 'fit or unfit for duty'. If, found fit for duty then all is good in my little Army world. Found unfit for duty I'll appeal but most likely have to stop working in STICU. Unless, of course the Army uses a double standard on me.

Found unfit I hope they rate me at least 30% disabled. Otherwise, all I'll get is a one time medical severance. Not sure if had sell the house or not. No matter what have adapted to how & can / cannot use my left arm. Guess it's Celebrex for life for me. PCP would not renew my T3 script. Don't know if he will renew Flexiril script. Either way, I plan on keeping on keeping on with nursing but whether that is Army Nurse Corps or civilian nursing I'll soon find out. Need 8 yrs more AD to retire with 20.

OK, maybe TMI but some of you Cat(s) might have wanted an update. BTW, hope you & your dad are holding up. Prayers all the way.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    I'm here, Soldier. Geez, any other time the USGov. would be making quick decisions. Maybe this is better, IF you are paid hourly? Not sure how you like cold, but you'd be welcome at the Army Hospitals up here. You'd be able to help keep Dad in line. You know I'm concerned about your condition, too.

He did fairly wll last night. Going 5 different directions at once, with one brief period of losing it. We have an agreement that he will be better at talking on the 'phone (he has been doing this the past few weeks).

Another 'I can't sleep worth a dang' night. Sister-in-law even commented on it last night, stating I looked pretty wiped out. Guess I have turned into Mom after all, as she was a classic insomniac for as long as I could remember. She slept in an extra hour after Dad retired, but still........

I should go make coffee, but after last night's brew? I hesitate. That stuff may have contributed to my present condition. Note I said contributed.

I am half debating heading downstairs to make coffee; husband isn't up yet, though.