Thread: Friday, January 21st, 2011...

Friday, January 21st, 2011...

Good morning! Sitting down at the table eating oatmeal & drinking coffee with temps outside in the mid-high 20's. For down here that is COLD. Only doing an 8' shift, rather 12 today & the weekend off. YEA!!!

Be Safe!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Morning! Thanks for the Thread start.

Had watched the weather Channel on and off yesterday, and saw where your temps were dipping. I always figured you guys had mostly warm(er) weather/no snow due to the fact you were in the southern section of the US. Then again, remembering a few books I've written, there is snow in the mountains of New Mexico, etc. One just doesn't expect it to hit the rest of the state, eh?

We've got a chill going on here. 25 years ago, we had the coldest wind chill temps recorded in the area. I am staying warm!

Thanks so much, Cali! I am doing fine. It's Dad who's completely lost it/gone around the bend/etc. You guys and I know how people react and all, but he is in denial of everything. Don't you know that after 20 + years of nursing, I know NOTHING? He's a scientist, and knows more than anyone. Don't want to even repeat what the hell went on, but suffice it to say we are not talking to each other. Before anyone says anything about this, my husband was there and witnessed the meltdown. Aunt knows too, and is trying to think of what to do. Mom had always figured he'd go buggy, but not to this degree.

Off to get the coffee---refills on demand if you want it.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Ack! Nearly quarter to 12. where'd the day go? Let's see....phone calls going OUT, phone calls coming IN, run around in circles..... Got on a cleaning jag, where I proceded to clean off the top of the 'fridge----or at least a good part of it. I can't get the back part, as I am a bit challenged height-wise.

I do realize it was something to get my mind off things, and I may as well be productive.

Am heading off to sleep soon. I will be back.