Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday, January 28th, 2011

Friday, January 28th, 2011

C'mon Peeps, rise & shine! For some of you this is the end of your work week. Well, I'm working the next 3 days, 12' shifts. It's all good.

Be safe!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

I will work my 7th day in row. Can't remember the last time that happened. After 2 days off this weekend, I'll be starting full time. Hope this lasts.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Morning! I'm trying to rise and shine, trust me. Slept like a rock last night, and still feel a bit groggy.

Cali, good luck with the job. Was wondering where all you'd gone, but seeing as it's your job---no problem! 7 days straight, though? Yike!

How's the weather where you guys are?

Ricu
    Done with work for the week. Catching up on school work and other stuff now. Cat, glad to see you bouncing around.

Morning, Ricu. Define bouncing! I expect I will bounce for sometime, but am in the 'positive' section right now. And remember, 'normal' is just a setting on the dryer.

Right now, I am working myself up to making crepes. Had been thinking of making them the day Mom died, but..... Dad says he's looking forward to them, and I figured if he wants 'em, he'll get them.

Ricu
    "Bouncing" is just the word that just came out of my keyboard. No particular meaning, really. Maybe "up and about" would've been better. Crepes sound good. I hope you and your dad enjoy them.

R

Who cares if 'bouncing' just happened---it works for me!

One double recipe of crepes and a delivery to Dad later, it went over well. He dug in and ate 4. Said they'll last a few days; am sure they won't survive 'till Sunday. The batch I made for home have a dent in them as well. Guess I have to resign myself to the fact I am going to be making more real soon.

Cards are still rolling in. Dad is dealing with the majority of them, with me making suggestions on what to write, depening on person who sent it. I won't go into that subject right now.

Where's the Excedrin when you need it? The house has just erupted with the sound of husband chasing a pet around the first floor. Sounds like a dang cattle drive in TX.

Ricu
    What is it that they say? Life happens just when you need it?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Hey all, Got a call at 6:15 am that the licensing agent was at one of our homes and the AM shift didn't show up for work. My Noc staff stayed over and My Adminstrator and I went over and gave showers and such to get the clients out to their day programs. Everything went ok but I haven't worked that hard that early in a while. Four wheelchair bound people is a lot to get ready in an hour. I do have a new appreciation for our direct care staff who are generally paid just a hair above minimum wage. athough the no call/no show am staff will hear from em for sure. Unless some emergency happened I'm going to recommend termination. Unemplyment in Calif is hovering at about 12.5% so someone must want a job.

Hppy

I kinda saw the 'you're out the door' bit before I even got to the word termination. Ever hear of a phone, folks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast