Thread: Sunday, January 30th, 2011

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sunday, January 30th, 2011

Good Morning......I think. Must have slept weird, as my back is shot; not fun.

Looked out the window, and saw we have more snow. Dad is on a minor kick, that we are going to get dumped on 'but good' any day now. I am sure we will have a major storm, but I hope not anytime soon. Our collective aches and pains are not putting up that big of a stink, and Dad's warnings are still on 'minor mode', which is good.

Ahh, sh*t! Husband told me to hit WeatherBug (which he clicked off), and it looks like we are gonna get nailed next week.

Cali and Hppy, we were talking about the problems out in California, and what a heck of a conversation---pretty good thoughts and insights.

Well, I'd better get going---time to batten down the hatches.

Heck, when I was in Oklahoma, the Gov. finally allowed the Cherokee to do a Rain Dance--IN WINTER--and the state promptly had a weather front stall over Tulsa. Shut down the city. I had no problems, as I had spent quite a bit of my childhood in MN, and am used to it. It does help having grown up in Illinois, also.
    sometimes one needs to listen with the heart just as much as with the ears.

Angry

Woke up to the stomping around of again this morning. This happens every day. Sometimes more than once in a day should I manage to get back to sleep. I really wish I had the means to find a decent place to live. This is affecting my health.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Cali- Do you have noisy neighbors? Have you tried ear plugs? My neighbor used to have a barking dog that barked all day when I was trying to sleep. My husband finally taped it and played it all night by their bedroom window. Where are you located my sister has an apartment on a ranch just north of Santa Barbara actually very quiet and peaceful.

I've posted about the upstairs before. He is sick in the head. He stomps on his floor from room to room in a frenzy, as well as dropping heavy objects, or slamming doors, at all hours of the day or night, on purpose. I've complained to management about him to no avail. One day someone else upstairs was also screaming at him to stop. What galls me is that the apartment managers refuse to let me move to a different apartment. They told me that him making noise is not reason enough for me to change apartments. When I can move away, I will move away. Meanwhile I can not sleep. Ear plugs, even with background noise (which also disturbs my rest), do not drown him out when he gets going. I really love it when he has to enter his bathroom when he hears me walk to mine. Pervert, big time.

What a ma-roon. Maybe you should tape some of his antics and play it back for said MIS-management?

Present management will be changing soon as the building is changing hands. Hoping the new management has some sense.

Be on the safe side and tape idiot on a roll. It can't hurt, right?

The Warnings are already coming out fast and furious. I am getting a headache from the whole deal, and no snow has fallen yet. In fact, the whole map according to the Weather Channel looks like a war zone. Sorta reminds me of a line from Queen's Let Me Entertain You "From Chicago down to New Orleans, we got you on the line....." Not sure why that came to mind, but it does work.

I swear I have a migraine, just thinking about the dang snow-to-come. Excedrin would just keep me up.

Dad and I were talking about the Great Snowstorm of '67 that hit Chicago. My mom and I got stuck visiting her sister and parents 40 miles from where we were living at the time. To me, that stuff was piled. Hey, I was a few months short of 3. At that age, anything over 2 feet was pretty bad.

I couldn't remember what car Mom had driven, and finally remembered to ask Dad what car he used to pick us up and what route he took. He'd driven our VW Beetle!