Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011

Ricu
    Your husband is due many thanks. Hopefully the neighbors are grateful for his kind heart. You're right. It makes total sense that with this kind of weather, post who's open. It'll take just a few seconds. Finally, yeah, some idiots should just stay home and watch TV. Better to view cartoons than to be one...

Ricu
    Warm fuzzy moment, here-
    I just got a call from work. A terminally ill patient (sad case really, young guy with met. lung CA) was wanting to reconnect with me so he asked his brother to call the hospital CCU to reach me. The unit took his number, called me, and I got in touch with him in the Hospice facility where he is. He's doing okay and just wanted to talk. Eventually he asked me to visit when I could because he wanted to see me one last time. I wanted to share an example of how we really touch others where they live. I'm glad that I'm off tomorrow so I can go and see him.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    Warm fuzzy moment, here-
    I just got a call from work. A terminally ill patient (sad case really, young guy with met. lung CA) was wanting to reconnect with me so he asked his brother to call the hospital CCU to reach me. The unit took his number, called me, and I got in touch with him in the Hospice facility where he is. He's doing okay and just wanted to talk. Eventually he asked me to visit when I could because he wanted to see me one last time. I wanted to share an example of how we really touch others where they live. I'm glad that I'm off tomorrow so I can go and see him.
    I have a feeling he's not 'ok', and he somehow senses that he's not gonna be around much longer. By all means, go see him. It's great when we hear things like this.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Crazy busy

I'm crazy busy right now - between work - boy scouts and having a slumber party this Friday for my son - I going nucking futs - might be away for a few days - but I'll be back

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    No problem, Hppy. Hope you can handle the kids.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12