Thread: Tuesday, February 8th, 2011

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Tuesday, February 8th, 2011

Time to wake up, folks! It's quarter after 8, and time to smell the coffee/tea/hot chocolate.

Have another appointment this afternoon, and decided I may head over to the store afterward; am nearly out of milk and bread.

Anyone out there?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    I'm up but it's 6:42 here - got the man cub up for breakfast had my shower and coffee - now what to wear - I kind of miss wearing scrubs - plus I have a whole closet full, but our consumers are afraid of people in medical garb - makes you wonder what happened to them in the institutional system.

Well I'm off to work

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Had to do some battling on the phone; dang thing souldn't stop ringing there for a while.

Doing a whole buncha nothing at the present, really. Just got the mail, and should sit down and go through it.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Going into Battle

Started a fight with my new health insurance today -

A little background - My son has had asthma since he was 6 months old. The first 18 months of his life was pure hell in and out of ER's trying different meds etc. Finally his doctor got him on Singulair and Xopenex which was like a dream come true. His Asthma has been almost perfectly controlled for 6 years. Now my employer changes to Kaiser and now he has to have a new pediatrician.
    So I take him in last Friday and explain his history and medications. Of course the meds he is on are non-formulary. Dr. wanted to change him from Xopenex to Albuterol for his rescue med. I told her it made him very hyperactive in the past which is why we didn't use it. After much discussion I allowed that since we hadn't used albuterol in 6 years perhaps we could try it. Well we gave it tonight and Whammo - my man cub was bouncing off the walls - he was unable to focus on his homework for close to two hours. I finally got him relaxed enough to go to bed and e-mailed his doctor. This was why we stopped using the albuterol 6 years ago. I HATE FIGHTING WITH INSURANCE COMPANY'S.

Why they have to change something that's working perfectly well is a mystery to me. Wish me luck I'm going in!!!!!!!!!!!

Namaste (not feeling very peaceful right now)

Hppy

Ricu
    It's really too bad you have to go through all of this. First rule of thumb is "don't fix what ain't broken," right? Stick to your guns and, good luck.

R