Thread: Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Wednesday, February 9th, 2011

Morning, folks. I don't want to be up.

Hppy, I think the new insurance Co. needs a bit of the penguin/polar bear action. Perhaps son's old pediatrician needs to contact new one re: hyperactivity on said meds?

Ricu, I agree with your comment in yesterdays thread of 'What ain't brike...'. Unfortunatly, some docs don't think.

So, do any of you have any plans over the weekend for Valentine's Day? I SWEAR that prices are jacked up so high, it's pathetic. I think we are going to be low key until another day.

Heading for coffee now, of course.

I am cold, I am tired of being cold, and I am just plain TIRED! I have heard a rumour that we are due for a warm up by the weekend?!

Hppy, if said Grub Grout has hx of being hyper on med, is there hyperactivity in other aspects? I am sure you are careful with cooking, etc. The diet my MIL used for Da Moose may be of some use. We can discuss that at leisure later. Hey, it may have helped him get to Eagle Scout.....

And Happy Birthday BSA! Gosh, I love Photobucket. They have some cool images.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    My son does not have hyperactivity issues per se. although he has his moments especially now that he's becoming a "Man" as he puts it. We do eat a very good diet mostly free of excess sugar, dyes and what not. Lots of veggies and fiber. But I am always looking for suggestions in the raising a boy department

We may have matured young way back in the Stone Age (Jean Auel story comes to mind), but nowadays the hormones in possibly some food may be to blame. Or is it the better nutrition that is doing it? Regardless, I shook my head, reading the bit about son becoming 'a man'. Perhaps it is the growth spurt going on? Maybe that is why he reacted to said meds, also. It's just a thought.

I will have to add my recipe for Breakfast Bars to the Recipe Post. They can be eatten at any time, but Moose especially eats for breakfast. It's a start.....

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Granola

Quote Originally Posted by suebird3 View Post
    We may have matured young way back in the Stone Age (Jean Auel story comes to mind), but nowadays the hormones in possibly some food may be to blame. Or is it the better nutrition that is doing it? Regardless, I shook my head, reading the bit about son becoming 'a man'. Perhaps it is the growth spurt going on? Maybe that is why he reacted to said meds, also. It's just a thought.

I will have to add my recipe for Breakfast Bars to the Recipe Post. They can be eatten at any time, but Moose especially eats for breakfast. It's a start.....
    Thanks,

We make our own granola around here and my friends say it's good enough to sell. I use 3 cups Organic rolled grains (wheat,oats, rye and barley) 1 cup whey protein powder, 1 cup chopped nuts (I like pecans) 1/4 cup Splenda, 1/2 cup organic maple syrup and 1 cup dried cranberries. Mix everything together except the cranberries toast in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, remove from oven and mix in berries. I eat it over Greek yogurt, but the guys nosh on it.

Can you believe it 11 days past his 9th birthday and he's becoming a man - he's also discovered the little man in his pants. Angels and saints preserve me!!!!!!!!

At least I got his right meds after "Stopping By" the claim center today!

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Hppy, I hate to tell you, but oatmeal is oatmeal. My maternal grandma worked at a packaging factory, and everything came off the same shoot. Only difference was the package. Seriously.

I am heading off to bed. I am tired.

Forget the Splenda. Also, the bars have enough 'crumbs' when they come out of the pan.