Thread: Madera, CA

KStansbury RN, BS, MBA

Cool Madera, CA

Hello,

My name is Kevin Stansbury http://http://central-valley-med.com...BW12061007.JPG

I am a Registered Nurse working and living in California. I currently work both in the ED but as an instructor as well. I have instructed Medical Assistants, LVN's, RN's, EMT's, and Combat Medics.

My philosophy of teaching has evolved over the many years of my teaching experience. I believe that a teacher is a motivator, mentor, and counselor. My mission as a teacher has many avenues of approach:

To create and maintain a positive learning environment
    To motivate my students to achieve any dream they dream
    To provide a strong professional relationship to foster creativity and critical thinking skills.
    I accomplish these philosophies by applying a wide variety of strategies based on my educational, teaching, and personal experiences that have been developed and polished over the past forty years. I also use a simple tool that I have used in my nursing profession for the past fifteen years; called the Nursing process. The following are steps to the nursing process.

Assessment
    Diagnosis
    Planning
    Implementation
    Evaluation
    The nursing process can be adapted to any problem, situation, or goal. As with patients in the hospital, every student is different and will learn in their own way. My goal is to assess their learning method, diagnose how well they learn from it, create a plan to use their method as well as make changes to fit my style of teaching, and then implement that plan. Once the plan is in place, I re-evaluate how effective it is and makes changes as needed to help my students to stay motivated to accomplish their dreams.

Again, as with patients in the hospitals there are many different cultures in America and every culture has their own perspective on learning, family, society, and health. It is my job to investigate my student’s history, educational, life, and work experiences to better help narrow down their learning styles. Understanding both the learning style of my students as well as the cultural diversity of the class helps me create an effective instructional plan for the individual and the class as a whole. This process works quite well with the online educational system which can accommodate both the individual’s learning style as well as providing a platform that allows the students to interact with each other and share their own ideas, dreams, and life experiences.

By following my principles I have seen my own self grow in my love for teaching, learning, and nursing. More importantly, I have discovered that, by sharing my passion for life, learning, and love; I have been able to connect with my students and as a result; produced quality, passionate, and humble students who have succeeded in everything they attempt to achieve.

Thank you

Kevin Stansbury RN, BS, MBA
    Central Valley Medical
    Kevin Stansbury RN, BS, MBA
    Central Valley Medical

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Welcome to the site, Kevin! You sound like an instructor I'd have liked to have in school. Of course, I have had some great teachers, but you'd have been right up there.

Thank heavens you keep the Nursing Process in mind. I agree that it can be used in any situation, goal, etc. And with patients?! We all know that everyone is different!

I again welcome you to the site, and feel that you would be an asset to the site. Please feel free to jump in at any time, and add your thoughts/comments to things. They would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site.