Thread: Sunday, 13 FEB 2011

Sunday, 13 FEB 2011

Rise n Shine people! Suppose to reach a high temp 70' this afternoon. Not sure if we have one more cold spell this winter, or not? My 12' shift went by quickly yesterday with my patient trying to go down the drain. However, by the end of my shift he was much better. Must have been the awesome nursing care provided? ;-)

At 1500, picked up another patient. He looked familiar & sure enough took care of him 5 days ago. He smiled when I asked if he remembered me. LOL, must have done something right? Anyway, another 12' shift today, then tomorrow off, then back for two more 12' shifts. Not my preference for schedule except day before yesterday had four days off, and the end of this week another four days off, followed by three 12's in a row. So, it pretty much balances out. Although, not
    too crazy about working three wknds in a row.

Enough about my schedule (need to complete my SSS). Y'all have a great day!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Morning, I think. Give me a while to decide.

I know what you mean by the 12 hour shifts. The job started out as 3 12's, and a 4 hour shift. Don't ask about the 4; it covered both Med passes on 2nd shift, and saved money. Then again, some new manager decided to change said shifts in the name of 'saving money'. Ended up costing more in the long run.

You seem to get stuck with alot of weekends, don't you Soldier? I hate that. Don't mind the every other weekend, but even 2 weekends on, 1 off stinks.

Ricu
    I have no complaints about my schedule, fixed pattern with an every third weekend rotation. Pretty lucky, huh? Hope y'all let Cupid do his job and give you a great Valentine's Day

R

Every other weekend is fair enough to me. Have worked the 'on 2, off one' myself, and think the theory is pee-poor.

Getting ready for the Annual Red and Green here.

Re: the patient who remembered you, SoldierNurse: At least with 12's you aren't stuck staying over if someone is late. I've done that before on 3-11's, and had a resident tell me if I got tired, she'd move over so I'd get some sleep if needed.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    I just realized: Dentist tomorrow. What joy! Follow up from last weekend's crap.

I have heard we may hit 60 by Friday, but back to the 30's next weekend. Oh, well. Spring isn't too far away.