Thread: need a roommate?.

need a roommate?.

NICU nurse looking to travel, a little nervous about doing it alone. Any advice? Or any other NICU travelers out there?

Re: need a roommate?

I am traveling to the jershey shore this summer and going to Hawaii the end of September, if you don't know anything about the jersey shore i grew up in jersey so I can tell you it is FUN living at the beach and the money is AWESOME. I am in a beach house with a bunch of people who work mon-fri aand only come on the weekends.

Stipen 1700/month
    28.50/hr

and 2100.00 to stay in the house for the summer
    e,mail me if you would like cardiology_nurse99@yahoo.com

This is the same for me. I am new to travel nursing and hesitating to travel alone. I'd like to travel in the east coast, maybe in FLA... I'm an ER nurse but I'm also from Canada so all the papers I have to fill out and submit before I can be allowed to work in the US is quite discouraging when you look at it all... I wish I could start travelling by sept 05 but I don't know where to start... and with who! (roomate, agency)

HI,
    I'm a NICU RN too and am new to traveling. I took a job in Homestead Fl and leave June 3rd. I was able to get a one bedroom apartment there. I could have probably done better with another travel agency but I am very comfortable with my recruiter and they made the process seem easy. I can't get over all the paperwork that has to be done to travel, but after this first assignment I am going to be a little more particular and start looking at some different travel agencies. Since I only want to travel in Florida I have to realize that the pay isn't all that great there but at least they are paying me to live by the beach
    I wish you all the best and if you decide you would like to travel to Florida look me up and I'd be happy to give you any info I can.

nicu travel

Hi, Are you still interested in traveling?? I am currently on a travel assignment out here in CA with Preferred Healthcare Staffing. It is my 3rd travel assignment in NICU. So far I really love it! My assignment ends at the end of this month & then I'm gonna go back home (WI) for a little while (Kinda miss my family & friends). Wish I had someone to travel with--gets kinda lonely at times when your so far away from home. So where are you thinking of traveling to?? Which company? I'm not too sure where I'm gonna go next... Hawaii & TN sound really cool but there aren't a lot of NICU positions & that's really the only nursing experience that I have so far. Anyway, just thought I'd say "Hi". If you have any questions about traveling or anything, feel free to ask!
    Amy
    famousamis@adelphia.net