Thread: Sunday. February 27th, 2011

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sunday. February 27th, 2011

Morning, folks! It's Sunday, and we got 2 more days left to the month IF you count today.

Hppy, glad to know you're ok. Sure hope you get rid of whatever is riding your back.

Re: Dad, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bit of AD there. When I look back, I am SURE his mom had it. I had to laugh a bit at the 5150 bit: I had made copies of our State's Admission papers, and had been contemplating how the heck would I write this whole thing up IF it were NOT my Dad. Him being my Dad makes it a bit hard to do.

Yes, Dad is grieving; so am I. What had really hurt is that, earlier in the week, he'd went on a pretty bad rant and said some things that were unbelievable. Not ONCE have I heard 'How are you doing since Mom died?'. I have been wanting to tell him that, but..... I will wait. When my Aunt and I left yesterday, I figured I can play by whatever rules he's playing (provided I am interpreting the rules right!). Hugged him, and said Thank You. Also realized on way home that Dad is still Dad, and he hasn't really changed; he's never really shown feelings well in the 'normal' sense. (I know---define 'normal'!) Yet, this whole situation affects many more people than him. We'll get through it somehow.
    Regardless, have a few failsafes in place.

Sorry to dump, but you know what? Us Admins are just as human as everyone else, and I figure that someone else may have gone through the same problem too. Any and all support appreciated.

I am heading down for some coffee---of course! Will be back.

OK, so I am back a little later than I expected.

Anyone watching the Oscars?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar

Oscar's?

I'm not much into the Oscar's! A bunch of Limosine Liberals gladhanding themselves while the rest of America struggles to survive. Anyone here following the antics of Charlie Sheen? I'm going to settle in with a bowl of popcorn and an all new episode of River Monsters........ I love fishing.........

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

I don't 'actively' follow Charlie, but do listen to the occasional news blurb. I just shake my head. Sounds like something isn't wired quite right upstairs, you know what I mean?

Hard to believe that the girl who played in the True Grit remake would be considered a Limosine Liberal. My big beef is all the freaking remakes we have had to endure over the past umpteen years. Honestly, there is NOTHING in filmdom that has remotely interested me lately. If there was, the prices are nuts. $10 bucks for popcorn?

Limosine Liberals. I like that phrase. I am as liberal as they come. However Limos, are not gas efficient, therefore They have no interest to any true liberal.
    As far as remaking True Grit. That can not be done. Now truly, who could really play John Wayne's role. He is the Duke after all. The man, the legend. And who can replace Glenn Campbell, the Rhinestone Cowboy himself. Sorry any alleged remake just has no interest all.
    Who eats that popcorn at theaters anyway, all that butter on it. An MI in the making right there, and lets not forget the Gall bladders being irritated. Terrible.

Tom, see Monday, Feb. 28th's post for comments! I was running a bit behind schedule today. anic:

Will be adding more comments later.......

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeituptom View Post
    Limosine Liberals. I like that phrase. I am as liberal as they come. However Limos, are not gas efficient, therefore They have no interest to any true liberal.
    As far as remaking True Grit. That can not be done. Now truly, who could really play John Wayne's role. He is the Duke after all. The man, the legend. And who can replace Glenn Campbell, the Rhinestone Cowboy himself. Sorry any alleged remake just has no interest all.
    Who eats that popcorn at theaters anyway, all that butter on it. An MI in the making right there, and lets not forget the Gall bladders being irritated. Terrible.
    I first heard the phrase Limosine Liberal a few years ago. I think about the time Katrina hit. It was used to refer to wealthy folks who espouse liberal ideas while they cruise around in their limo's and live their excessive lifes with any real clue how most real people live. so you hit it right on the head. I like your comments even through I tend to lean so far to the right I might actually fall over one day .

As for the popcorn - I love it but it gets stuck in my teeth. I don't put butter on it and my gall bladder jumped ship in 2002. I had to give up most of my vices over the years but I'll keep the kettle corn.