Thread: Hello from Chaska, MN!

Hello from Chaska, MN!

Hi everyone! My name is Lynn.... i live in Minnesota. I just started school this semester in the LPN program, and taking my CNA exam this weekend! (eek! anic:lol)
    I went to college once before for Sociology... but haven't been able to do anything with my degree in the 6 years since i graduated, so it was time for me to start over :-) While i was in high school, and my first year of college, I worked at a nursing home as a nursing clerk. I really miss being in a medical environment, and I really enjoyed working with the people... so, I thought this might be a good direction to head!
    Excited to chat with everyone here!
    -Lynn

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Hi, Lynn! Thanks for introducing yourself.

How long is your LPN program? I look forward to hearing about your classes when you're able to post. I realize you'll be busy alot of times, but feel free to de-stress when you need to.

And where about is Chaska, anyhow? North or South of The Cities?

Nice to meet you, Lynn! My husband, NativeHealer, spent much of his childhood up in Grand Marais.

I hope you drop by often; I'd also love to hear about your experiences in school.

Chaska is SW of the Twin Cities :-) Ahh, yes, I've never actually been up to Grand Marais, but i have a cousin that lives up there!

Well, my LPN program is a year and a half, if you go full time. But, i'm just going part time as of now... i'm hoping to have it done in about 2 years!

Sleeping overnight at Gooseberry Falls is something else, I tell ya. Grand Marais is a nice town, one stop light and all.

My LPN course was a year long, everything included, at one of the local HS's (the Adult Education program). Got my RN a few years ago. Hey, once you get the LPN, you can earn and learn at the same time for your RN.

Hope we can do some more talking about MN one of these days.

'That Bird'

Welcome to the site Lynn, good luck in your program. Do your homework, hold it together and it'll be over before you know it

Lots of information out there for LPNs/LVNs, visit http://www.nursefriendly.com/lpn for more info.

Hope to see more of you here, don't be shy about asking questions.

Andrew Lopez, RN
    http://www.nursefriendly.com/social

Welcome to the site and good luck in school.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    And how did your CNA test go?

Hey Fellow Minnesotan! I am from Burnsville, on the south side of the cities. Where did you do your CNA course? Have you had any luck finding a position as a CNA? I got my CNA in early April and have yet to be able to find anything that does not require some kind of experience. Good Luck! Good to see MN represent!