Thread: Golfing in Nursing

Golfing in Nursing

Every year at work we have a golf tournament or two. They always put on a very pleasant event with good golf, good people, good food and good prizes and gifts. Personally I love tournaments. How about you. But there are other tournaments I get into. I love the ones sponsored and hosted by Hooters. Always a great time. And of course the infamous Hooters gals. Now really does it really get better than that. Golf and Hooters and Beer and Hooters food. I love their wings.
    What kind of Golf tournaments do you all like to get involved with.

Cant believe there are not more golfers in here

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Tom, I am sure there are other golfers----they just gotta pop in!

Give it some time?!

Quote Originally Posted by Teeituptom View Post
    Cant believe there are not more golfers in here
    I live right behind a golf course and do wish I could crack the little ball around a bit on the green. However, without sounding like poor pititful me... my left shoulder finds discomfort in the smallest of task like hanging an IV bag. Have started back in physical therapy but at least the PEB & PDA have found me "fit for duty" within the limitations of my physical profile.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Tom, I just came across this article on the web: http://thegardenisland.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

For the first time, the women of Mokihana Club invite men to participate in their nursing scholarship golf scramble, a news release states.

This year the 9th Annual Golf Scramble will be held April 10 at the newly renovated Po‘ipu Bay Golf Course. All proceeds from the event go to nursing scholarships at Kaua‘i Community College.

To increase the nursing work force on island, students who plan to pursue careers in nursing on Kaua‘i will be eligible for these scholarships. Over the past eight years, The Mokihana Club has awarded approximately $72,000 to KCC students, the release states.

Golfers may register for this year’s three-person scramble either as a complete team or as individuals to be placed on a team. The $95 per person entry fee will provide for green fees, golf cart, practice range balls, registration gifts and lunch at Keoki’s Paradise. There will be a silent auction and prizes during the luncheon.

Everyone is invited to join in the post-game festivities and luncheon at Keoki’s Paradise for a luncheon registration fee of $15.

Registration ends April 6. For further information, contact Kathy Sheffield at 805-886-6175.

Only problem is: I think Hawai'i's area code is 808.

I love tournaments and scrambles and all that. Love the nice people I meet.