Thread: YES or NO on these Companies

Cool YES or NO on these Companies

Would appreciate any info from those who have used these companies: CIRRUS , Cross Country, Freedom Health Care Staffing, Advantage RN. Are you still with these companies,if not, then why? Any info is appreciated. thanks.

Did not like Cirrus because pay was low, and once I got to my assignment I never heard from my recruiter..They don't have alot of jobs.
    Cross Country was better, have lots of jobs, but a big company who only care about getting the job, if you have a problem on the job they don't care.
    BUt overall , go with who you feel comfortable with.
    I heard Advantage is good.

Cross Country/Medstaff: very low pay. Staff makes 7.00 more an hr with half the experience, go figure. Quote monthly rate for housing subsidy but breaks it down on a weekly distribution making it less than quoted monthly stipend. Company gets all the money.

I have a friend that worked with Cross Country, she liked it pretty good. She hops around from agency to agency though, she prefers it that way. She's been a travel nurse for years, though. I work for a recruiting company named LiquidAgents Healthcare. Also a good website is www.rnvip.com It has a lot of good information for travel nurses, plus one application puts you in for several different companies all at once. But that can be bad, because you tend to get inundated with contacts. I do know of several companies that I have heard some horror stories about and never heard one good thing about those companies... but none of those companies are of those you listed.

Auerus Nursing does the same and the housing does not meet the area standard. They do receive discounts for extend stay hotels too. They are not supportative at all when issues arise with a contract or with people, and basically, if the hospital does not want the traveler, for whatever reason, the contract is cancelled, and they determine you are not for rehire. Their pay is lower than the standard travelers, and their medical is horrible. Stay away from them.

Aureus used to be amazing, but the company has changed a bit. I dont know about the support, I have not encountered any issues yet. I took a 5 week contract and got an Extended stay hotel that sucks, but this assignment I have a beautiful apartment and am so far pretty pleased. The contract issues mentioned above concern me tho....