Thread: Monday, March 14th, 2011...

Monday, March 14th, 2011...

Good Morrrrrrning--- GET UP!!!

No hot water, burnt smell from Water Heater. Unplugged the W/H & smell slowly dissipated. Sure, this is covered under my First American extended Home Warranty. However, wife & I work today... we are short staffed & same where Susan works. All I could reach yesterday evening was the Plumbers voice message and they will call me some time today??? Grrrrrrrrrr, as in cold shower but I'm definitely awake.

Y'all have a good day!
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Good Morning! Those cold showers really do wonders, don't they?! (NOT!) Just had a thought: your birthday is coming up, right? One of my aunts did astrology, and 'if you're in your 12th house, things WILL happen.' Too bad you can't do your own plumbing.

So, you got good news on your shoulder situation, eh? You get to stay in for a bit more. What will you retire with....20 years? Then what? Would you still be able to remain a nurse at that hospital?

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Sorry to hear about the hot water heater. What is it with those things lately? Dad has had to work on a connection to his this past week---slow drip. Always something, eh?

So how's work other than being short staffed?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Hi Ya'll dragging my donky's behind today due to the time change. Plus had to leave work to pick up the man cub as he was vomiting at school so have been home - oh well made the best of it and did the ironing........

Soldier - sorry to hear about the water heater but a cold shower is actually good for your constitution! I always finish with the cold water - good for the skin. Good luck with the plumber in my experience it's usually "hurry up and wait"

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

In +7 years I'll retire w/20 active duty years & almost 24 yrs total military service. Not sure if I'd stay at BAMC when I retire (military).

BTW, called Plumbing service this morning and supposedly a plumber will call me tomorrow between 0800-0900 to arrange service call time.
    Cary James Barrett, RN, BSN

Ricu
    Guess I have it good today. I have hot water.

Soldiernurse, with you being in TX, I'd figure hot water wouldn't really be necessary excepting for cooking. However, with the weather being like it has been, I can understand the need.

Ricu, how are things out your way? Snow finally melting?

PS....Happy Pi Day! http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_localc...bouchon=602,il

The date Monday makes it a winner for those in the pie-making-business.

As WBBM Newsradio 780's Michele Fiore reports, this is 3/14, or Pi Day. Or thanks to those with a penchant for homophones, Pie Day.

In Willowbrook at Bakers Square, they have been hinting subtly about the day for weeks. General Manager Terry Loggins laughs when she admits she doesn't know all the digits beyond 3.14.

"My boss probably does, but I don't," Loggins said.

Actually, nobody does. Pi is an irrational number, so the numbers after the decimal point never end or repeat. (If you're curious, click here to see pi expanded to 1,000 digits.)

In any event, the Willowbrook Bakers Square has a special offer Monday.

"The first student that comes in to buy a pie, we are going to sponsor the students in their class to have free pie for Pi Day."

It's not just a Bakers Square thing — many bakeries are offering Pie Day specials