Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The #1 stressful thing about being a nurse, Scrubsmag.com

Hi Nursinghumor,

In addition to your "cause of stress" let me add

Underpaid

Financial issue can be the bottomline too...

There are many nurses who are underpaid. They are not motivated. They want to transfer to another hospital or to a different state for a much better wage. They are just persevering for the experience that they can get.

Here is the link on how we can use our licenses and get paid on a different state:

http://www.rnmobility.com/

This is a very informative post. I really like how you stated a website for this post. I totally agree that it is stressful and that sometimes nurses do feel like they are "underpaid." This is why some CNA's keep going up the ladder in order to enhance their chances of getting a higher paying job with benefits. Some nurses even get their masters degrees and they work either in the hospitals or colleges. In order to keep your motivation up, there are ways to decrease your stress and help you overall. Here is the link on how we as nurses can reduce stress and help ourselves in everyday lifestyles:
    http://www.cmbm.org/

Thank you for your forum post. Purplespider, CNA

Thank you for the discussion forum post about CNA's and for also talking about their payments. I know that where I live in Virginia, they pay CNA's fairly well, but it depends on where you work and how long you have been working as a CNA to. When I first got my CNA license, the skilled nursing facility paid me $9.20 per hour, but that was a big increase for me because originally when I was hired I was getting $8.00 per hour. To me, the pay increase was good for me as a beginner because it told me that getting my CNA helped me get a higher wage. Here is some information about reducing stress:

http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/ac...h-running.html

Exercise is important in reducing stress and running is a good way to reduce stress. Thank you.

There are a lot of reasons why nursing is so stressful. It is hard work, long hours, and a tough job to do. The job has some rewarding aspects because you help patients everyday feel better and you also help the community as well. Here is something that you can read:

http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/ac...ng-longer.html

The number one reason why nursing is so stressful is the fact that there are a lot of nursing tasks to do and very little time to do them in. I know that for a fact because I had to serve breakfast trays, answer the phone, and get coffee or tea, and greet people all at one time. In order to do all of those tasks, I had to prioritize by thinking about which job is the most important at that certain time. If the phone rings, then that is the most important thing at that time. Greeting people and helping them is the second most important thing. Food and coffee are last on the list. Prioritizing is key in nursing as I have found that out in my work environment. Here is an article that will help you:
    http://www.pacificmedicalacls.com/ac...-training.html

Nursing is a wonderful career, but you have to prioritize tasks in order to get the nursing tasks done.

The thing that has nurses stressed out is that there are too many things to do and a short amount of time to do them in. I know that I had my own nursing tasks and then other people's nursing tasks as well due to tightening staff. I was overwhelmed with so much to do and I was totally stressed out. What helped me to reduce my stress is to make a list of things that I wanted to do when I got off from work and that seemed to help reduce my stress a lot.

The #1 stressful thing about being a nurse in my view is the unexpected that will happen that day. The unexpected is always a challenge everyday because it happens so suddenly; even though we are always ready for emergencies. I can remember one thing when I was working in the adult day care center and we had just finished serving lunch when all of a sudden one of the participants went to the floor and was having stroke symptoms. All of us went into action as the director who was a nurse herself gave nursing orders to people. My job was to wait for the ambulance and make sure that they entered in the back of the building which we were located at. After that incident, it made me realize that whenever you have a calm day as a nurse, it is a huge blessing.

The One Stressful Thing

[QUOTE=duaneconnell;143137]The #1 stressful thing about being a nurse in my view is the unexpected that will happen that day. The unexpected is always a challenge everyday because it happens so suddenly; even though we are always ready for emergencies. I can remember one thing when I was working in the adult day care center and we had just finished serving lunch when all of a sudden one of the participants went to the floor and was having stroke symptoms. All of us went into action as the director who was a nurse herself gave nursing orders to people. My job was to wait for the ambulance and make sure that they entered in the back of the building which we were located at. After that incident, it made me realize that whenever you have a calm day as a nurse, it is a huge blessing.[/QUOTE)

The one stressful thing that I have noticed is when the environment gets to be suddenly stressful and when I have the environment suddenly change. For example when somebody falls due to having a stroke or a seizure and your attention needs to be on them 100 percent. In those situations, my addrenoline goes up and I am on overdrive. That is what I call a very stressful situation.

Stress can cause a lot of problems; especially in the workplace. Here are some things that you can do to help relieve your stress:

1. Take a nice hot shower or a bubble bath.

2. Do some meditating and deep breathing.

3. Do a yoga class.

4. Talk about your stress to someone that you trust.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123