Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello...... and scared as hell

Can you give us an update? Are you taking classes? Let us know how things are going for you

Andrew Lopez, RN
    info@nursefriendly.com
    Twitter: @nursefriendly

You're never too old. As long as you are interested and able. Real-life experience adds a lot of worth.

You are never to old........We had two women in my nursing class that were over 50. I also have an uncle who was a construction worker for 30 years. At about 50 or so, he decided to go back to school and get a nursing degree and he loves it. Hope this gives you a little inspiration. It is such a rewarding career. Go For It!

Run, run as fast and as far as you can away from nursing. When I started 13 years ago I loved nursing and then along came pain as the fifth vital sign and reimbursement. You'll end up like all the rest a pill pushing slave.

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierNurse View Post
    Deke, let me ask you some questions, rather than a bunch of rah-RA as above.

How many years ago did you attend college? Are you interested in LVN, RN (ADN), BSN, MSN, or beyond? Any experience in healthcare related field? Do you / have you ever been a waiter or servant? Do foul odors bother you? Or does the sight / smell of blood bother you? Have you been on your feet for extended periods of time? Why do YOU want to be a nurse?

... the only thing you have to fear is fear itself

Thank You, the "rah-RA" isn't unappreciated it indicates a lively approval of the field, but I know every job
    has funky facets and those are what I hope to become aware of here. I'm not a forum or face book person so
    navigating is taking time but this was a thread I'm glad I passed through. "spainter's" reply among others too; thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Nursewho View Post
    ...then along came pain as the fifth vital sign and reimbursement. You'll end up like all the rest a pill pushing slave.
    Please excuse my ignorance, and if it

takes a book i understand if You won't;

would You or another please elaborate ?

Nursing has never been an easy job and over the years, it has become a lot harder but that doesn't mean it isn't gratifying work. There is an incredibly high burn out rate and the support system is weak for burned out nurses which is why there is so much venom on these forum pages. Read with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Ricu; 05-20-2013 at 06:39 AM.

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricu View Post
    Nursing has never been an easy job and over the years, it has become a lot harder but that doesn't mean it isn't gratifying work. There is an incredibly high burn out rate and the support system is weak for burned out nurses which is why there is so venom on these forum pages. Read with a grain of salt.
    RICU said it so well. While I admit that I am looking a new endevours I will say that Nursing has been very good to me - even when I wasn't good to it. I love the job I have today and go home each day realing feeling that I make a difference in the lives of the consumers I searve. MY biggest problem is that The changes in health Care that are coming down the pipe are so detrimental to good nursing practice that I don't see how anyone will get decent care. I want out before nurses become midlevel government employees........

Hppy

hi, i would like to ask any of you guy about the application on AHPRA??? what are the easiest steps? im so confused

What's with the age? I believe it is just a number to represent how many years have you been living. I am grateful you made it to the 50's. But that won't stop you from what you want. GO FOR IT!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12