Thread: Just applied for my CA nursing license by endorsement; now its a waiing game

Just applied for my CA nursing license by endorsement; now its a waiing game

I sent off my applications for my CA license by endorssement 2 weeks ago and its a total waiting game. I have happily turned it over to my HP to help me wait this out. I feel confident that the BON will ask no more of me that I am already doing with the exception of possibly monitoring by random urine screening. It may be a necessary evil though. I truly miss nursing and look forward to doing it again. I will be celebrating 10 yrs of clean time on Feb 14th 2012 and it has been a great life being clean and sober. I lost my last job in Jan due to a lay off and it has been such a blessing when I could have felt it was more of a tragedy. Ok,,,it felt like a tragedy at first but the recovery program helped me turn it around. If I get a license (current unrestricted licensein Illinois right now) then I will be looking for a nursing position and hopefully this will be behind me by the end of the year. If not since I am out of disability benefits in Jan. I may have to go back to Illinois and try for a position there. It would be doable but since I own a home here, it would be a hassle. I ask for your prayers that I hear something positive soon and hope that all the newbies on this forum find what I have found in recovery and a new way of life.

Ruthi

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working

Thumbs up

Good luck, Ruthi!

I don't know where all in IL you are right now, but the job scene is NOT that pretty, from what I understand. The State is so far behind in paying PA bills, it is pathetic. Still, keep up your license, and don't forget the Continuing Ed bit.

Still, considering all you ahve gone through the past few, you are doing great. Keep in touch, eh?

Good luck to you!!! God never closes a door without opening another...love from a sister in recovery, Kris