Thread: 8/22 Happy Monday

8/22 Happy Monday

Now, I have a problem with temp supposed to be 107 today, that is even a little warm for me unless there is a very understanding beercart girl.

Now I fail to understand how people can give any credence to Rush Limberger and Glenn Beck for their hate filled, Racist, right wing extremism rants that affect so many people. I also fail to understand why people listen to the inane ravings and statements by Bachman and Palin. Their grasp of history, and geology and their lack of understanding of the constitution are beyond any reason. Now Romney. I will fully admit, he is just plain boring. Not as boring as the now departed Pawlenty. Now for Perry as I live in Texas. I fail to see why someone who openly is for the secession of Texas from the Union. should now want to run as a candidate for the union. I also fail to see how Perry who should support the constitution is openly advocating getting rid of parts of it that he does not like. One of our basic premises is the separation of church and state, Perry again here has failed in this in Texas, and will continue to fail to do so in the future. Some of the churches and religious leaders that were at his Big Prayer event in Houston are actually on the domestic terrorist watch list. Perry is now openly against the people of the entire gay community. Perry is openly critical of Hispanics. Except when they mow his yard or wash his car. Perry is an advocate for denying voters rights to minorities and the disabled and the elderly. Basically he is Racist and a very prejudiced against other members of society.

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    Only gonna be about 80 here.

You forget: We 'acquired' TX from Mexico way back in the 1800's or so. I seem to remember reading about the Alamo, also. Sounds like the 'natives' have taken over again, though 'natives' isn't quite the right term. Just remembering the history lessons about Cortez, etc.

Let me guess, LBJ was 'just a nice country boy', right?

Member Extraordinaire hppygr8ful's Avatar
    Happy Monday - I have been working hard today setting up appointments for client who need diagnostic tests to diagnose the cause of sudden onset of seizure activity. Also setting up a mammo for another with a lump in her breast let'scross our fingers for no cancer since there is a 6 month wait for oncology services for medicaid patients in Los Angeles county.

Tom I agree with you on Bachman she actually thinks to Soviet Union still exists.

I actually think Palin is a nut case but I did check on her account of Paul Revere's ride and found much of what she said in that now famous sound bite is actually true as confirmed by Revere's personal papers kept at the Library of congress.

As to the seperation of church and state; the constitution actually reads Congress shall make no law with regards to religion or the free exercise there-of. Which actually means that anyone can worship whenever and wherever thay want. Even on the floor of Congress and the Government does not have the power to prevnt such free exercise. Yet Christians cannot pray in Public schools but Muslim students are allowed to do so in the name of tolerance and diversity.

Just saying........................

Peace and Namaste

Hppy

Parked in front of the computer when I am not working
    My get up and go got up and went today. Bleah to Mondays.